“How could this happen to me yaar……  I loved him so much… I thought I’ll confess after the exams, I don’t believe he married someone already”
One of my classmates Mayoori screamed as she slammed her books on the desk.
“Calm down, Mayoori. You can’t decide things for him”
Her friend Preeti tried to console.
“You don’t know Preeti. You won’t understand. He was everything to me. The way he talked, the way he behaved, we had some spark. He can’t do this to me”
And she continued to hurl and curse at the girl who married him, that’s indirectly me. Urghhhhhh what a way to start a day…

Thank God we didn’t have his class today, I don’t know how worst it would have been if we had his class. Rest of the day was moving normally according to the time table. He had packed my lunch so I ate it with Pri during lunch hours.
“He cooked?”
She asked me.
“Of course I got up late. He had prepared everything and even packed lunch for me”
“Awwww…..so sweet. You’re lucky Nidhu”
“That’s true. But I feel bad about everything that’s happening”
“What happened?”
“Since morning I’m hearing indirect curse words because of the marriage. I don’t know what will be the situation when the truth is spilled.”
“Nidhu… You should stop worrying about all these things. People will speak nonsense even if your doing good or bad. So forget them and enjoy life”
I nodded.
“Listen…. Samay wanted to see your new home. Can we crash on this sunday if it doesn’t ruin your romance?”
“Shut up Pri. You can come and I know its not only Samay but also you who want to come there. I don’t think sir will have problem.”
“You still call him sir. Such big turn off”
“What else are you expecting? Its like 3 days we got married. Calling all these mushy names is already not my thing”
“Still at least you can call his name”
“I try my level best but end up calling sir.”
“It’s ok. You will get better with time. Stop showing me that kicked puppy face. Let’s go… we have classes to attend”

Yeah… lunch break was almost ending and I had two classes after lunch. The day finally came to an end after a boring organic chemistry class.

I went back home and he was already home and my coffee was in flask. I settled with my coffee cup on the couch after dropping my bag on my bed and changing to some comfortable clothes.
“How was your day?”
He asked me.
“Not bad. Wherever I was, I heard your marriage story in multiple version”
I bit my tongue after blurting it out. Way to embarrass yourself Nidhi…

“You mean our marriage story Nidhi?”
He was smirking…
“Whatever… People almost made me look like a villain. Like I stole their prince charming”
“Was it that bad?”
He asked seriously.
“ It was fine…. May be people will get over with it. Anyways how was your day?”
“ Not bad.. I didn’t have classes, second year batch had lab, so I was in the lab for most part of the day”
We talked some more and I freshened up and started studying while he started preparing for tomorrow’s classes. We prepared dinner together and had it and slept in our rooms.

Chiranth

Nidhi was finally getting adapted to living with me. Her friends Samay and Priyanka came home on Sunday and we went out for dinner together. Through their conversations I realized Nidhi’s family was a bit strict with her and usually didn’t allow her to go out or spend time with friends. That’s the reason she didn’t have many friends.

I really felt bad knowing about this, so I decided to become her good friend first so she can feel free to speak her heart with me. Our classes and preparation for NET was going good. Days were moving quickly and it was already three months to our marriage.

We had visited her family and also mine during weekends and festivals. She was opening up slowly but her habit of calling me sir, still continued. Her sem exams were announced and soon it was study holidays for her.
When it comes to studies she can literally study for whole day without getting bored. She drowns herself in books and I have to literally push her to eat and sleep.

One day suddenly her father called me in the morning asking us to come home. I was worried if its some emergency or something. But he said everything was fine and told about his transfer to Bangalore.

So next day I asked Nidhi to get ready to meet her family. She was confused about the sudden family gathering plan but still got ready quickly and we drove to her father’s place. It was a short drive of about 30 minutes from our place.

After the initial talks her father started speaking.
“Nidhi I’m getting transferred to Bangalore branch. It was a short notice promotion plus transfer, so I couldn’t inform you all early. We are moving to the staff quarters tomorrow. So I wanted you to know about it. We need to settle down quickly since Shrey’s classes will begin soon. Take care of yourself and your husband Nidhi.”
She wasn’t much affected after hearing the news.
“Is everything packed Amma? You need any help?”
She asked her mother.
“No Nidhu, everything has been packed”
Her mother spoke.
“ There are few things of yours too Nidhi, your old books and stuff. I think you should take them. You might need them”
“Sure Appa. I’ll take them with me”

After that her brother took her to his room and I sat with her Ajji and talked to her in her room.
“My Nidhu is a very sweet girl. All her life she thought about us before herself. Please take care of her. I know she will be happy with you. Please come to Bangalore whenever you get time. Also I won’t force you to have kids soon. You both are young you still need to enjoy life before the problems of family starts. I just want you both to be happy”
Her Ajji is really a cool lady.
“Don’t worry Ajji. Nidhi is my responsibility I’ll take care of her and whenever you want to meet her let me know. We can go out and party”
I said with a smile. We continued to talk for some more time.

Life is a journey full of unexpected surprises...
Hope everything goes well for our girl...