Chapter 27.

_______

3RD POV
_______

.

.

"EWEEEN BABYYY~"

Colith chirps before crashing into the unsuspecting teen who was barely conscious and unceremoniously landed in a heap on the ground, successfully cutting Hanji off who blinked in surprise, heavy bags under her eyes. She must've realized what time it was by the way her tired gaze flickered between the two shifters and the window while a cheerful 19-year-old was busy cooing her bean's ears out. She laughed nervously.

"Oh."

A slightly embarrassed Ilse entered the mess hall as well and took a moment to look at Eren and Colith in bewilderment before sweat dropping. She was a bit peeved by her new friend's declaration since nobody ever had the guts to affirm their love? Admiration? For the corporal that way. Not to her knowledge anyway.

"Good....morning, Jaeger." she nods to the unresponsive teen who kept blinking rapidly then went back to the tired scientist. "See that you went at it again?" she threw her superior a blank look before sighing. "this is unhealthy. You look like-."

"shit? Yeah I know"

Hanji had the decency to look sheepish. She was in the middle of a gruesome description and stopped when they entered. only god knew what the hell she did to those titans and well, it's not hard to feel sorry for them.

"Gee...I didn't see the time pass. It's not every day I find anyone willing to listen to my researches!" she exclaims with a yawn. "plus Eren here is a great audience! He even asked questions! Can you believe it?! "

Ilse deadpans then rolls her eyes. "wow, that's amazing." tone dripping sarcasm, she took a seat next to a sputtering Hanji.

Said boy visibly jolts awake when a sloppy kiss made contact with his cheek and begins wiggling like a fish out of water while sprouting annoyed protests.

"eh, Eren, language." Colith chastises sweetly. "I don't recall teaching you curses, do I?"

"Hmpf-What was that for?!" he tried to push her off, disgust giving him power which didn't really work, she had an iron grip on him. "AND YOU ALWAYS CURSE-"

"yeah yeah, whatevs~." she peppers his face with kisses to his dismay, fully aware that he'd start trashing around with vengeance and oh, he is! Turns out the little rascal wasn't fond of her random PDA in front of strangers which she clearly didn't give a damn about.

"are you two perhaps, a couple?" Hanji remarks making both pauses. The two looked at each other, Eren's exhausted teal clashing with puzzled gold for a moment in silence before they meet back Hanji's curious gaze with blank looks. That...was a first.

You'd be surprised to learn that no one ever asked them that question until now and It must've been because they hung around Armin and Mikasa so often that the question never popped up, plus Colith always acted sweet with everyone...and people were probably still scared to ask. Some of the cadets still found her intimidating and her exploits during training didn't arrange anything. Colith could be terrifying sometimes. Sure, she's of the kind who easily shares affection with those she deems as friends, and the majority of them knew that. She gives the best hugs after all, her beans, Historia, Sasha, Connie, and Annie said so despite the latter's reluctance at first. This, however, did not prevent some of them from developing puppy crushes- Ahem, JeanReinerBertholdt- ahem. So yeah, the question never came. She occasionally receives questions about her hair, skin, or training regiment, never about her relationships with any of the boys. Even during nights where girls from her class tend to gossip about love and boys, nobody ever thought of including her, and this, she was thankful for it. She couldn't see herself with anyone below 18 and the boys were, well boys.