Chaper 2: When you know, you know.

Aang's Point of View.
Little white clouds floated around them. Nuzzled into Appa's fur she laid back and watched the sun set. I was driving. Well, I say that but I just kept looking back at her. Just lying there watching the colours changing from light blue to orange to deep pink. She looked so peaceful.
"Hey Aang." She interjected. "What are you smiling at?" She asked in a sleepy, half playfully tone. She probably already knew. But still I felt a blush creep onto my face.
"Uh... I was smiling?" I said probably a bit too quickly. "I mean of course I was. I was smiling at the pretty colours. Yep. Definitely." Uuuuuugh. I winced internally. Why did I say that?
"Oh really." She replied more awake but still in a teasing tone. "Is that all?"

Oh, she knows me to well. "Well, it's just, um I'm excited to see the others." I replied trying to see how long this would last. "It'll be so nice to get everyone together again. I hear little Izzumi's doing really well, and, and oh yeah Sokka and Suki's anniversary is coming up."

It was no surprise that Zuko and Mai were the first in our gang to tie the knot, but what was a surprise was that Sokka and Suki were second. They were technically the oldest in our group (not counting iceberg time) but still the jokey meat guy and the super warrior, there relationship just didn't seem like the serious let's-get-married type. But as they said they could just feel it was right. They just knew.

Did I feel that way? I mean I loved Katara since she pulled me out of that iceberg. Since she left her tribe to come with me to train to be a water bending master. Since she pulled me out the Avatar state when I learned about Monk Gyatso, or when I told her about the day I left the air temple, or when I learned about Appa being muzzled, or when the thought of losing her to that crazy earth kingdom general actually triggered the avatar state when hurting me couldn't. I could go on. Rather happily actually.

I guess I did. All those adventures as a 112-year-old kid drew us close, all those adventures up until now bonded us even closer. I felt like I was the person who knew her best. And she could say the same for me. I felt deep down she was my forever girl.

I knew in that moment stilling on Appa, flying to a teashop in Ba Sing Say, watching the sun set and teasing each other: I knew we were meant to be together forever.

"Hey Aang," she said whilst hopping over to Appa's head to sit beside me. "You know what else is coming up right." She added and kissed me on the cheek causing a blush to spread around my face.
"Yeah." I said dreamily, and returned the kiss. The orange sunset flushed in the background, mimicking the kiss that started our relationship in the Teahouse in Ba Sing Say.

I just knew in my mind, with no doubts, not even a little niggle, she was the one for me.

Katara's point of view.
He was just sitting there 'driving' Appa. I use the term loosely as half the time he would check up on me. Smiling. I don't even think he was doing it consciously. I'm going to meddle. Spirits I sound like Toph. "Hey Aang." he jumped a little, probably not thinking I was looking at him. Aw, he could be so cute. "What are you smiling at?" He blushed; I knew he was smiling at me but I could resist asking him. Even at 118 he still acted like that 12-year-old I rescued from the iceberg. Well, he was technically 112 but still. "Uh... I was smiling." He rubbed the back of his neck.
"What are you smiling at?"
"Oh, I was smiling"
A smile spread across my face as I recalled the familiar words. Definitely that 12 -112-year-old kid. He began to waffle on, trying to hide why he was really smiling, each second, he added to the lie he turned a shade redder. Mimicking the sunset surrounding him. "Oh really. Is that all?" I added tempted to see how far he would go. Again, he started waffling.

"... anniversary is coming up." She snapped back into attention. It was their 6-year anniversary since they started dating in a week. Every year on the anniversary of the defeat of the Fire Lord Ozai they met up at the Jasmin Dragon, to tell stories, catch up, make time for each other as with all our responsibilities it was becoming harder and harder to be with each other as often as we would like.

It was also the moment I knew Aang was the person I wanted to spend my life with.

With all the doubts about how he would defeat let along survive a mad dictator, high on power, with his fire bending at its strongest, his ego so inflated he crowned himself Phoenix king - before conquering the Earth kingdom with a dramatic flame thrower tower, for spirits sake!

He may have been the Avatar but he was still a child technically. All I could think about during the battle with Azula was if Aang was okay. If he could take down the Fire Lord. And do it without corrupting his air nomad morals, he held so dear to him as the last if his people. If he could even face the man who is trying to a similar thing to the Earth kingdom to what Ozia's grandfather did to his people.

I could tell the loss of the Airbenders had a monumental effect on him. He would often awaken in nightmares, screaming, sweating, crying, heart racing. This never seemed to stop. Even after the defeat of Ozia.

But it was comforting to know after a nightmare he would, not exactly openly, but would still talk to me about it. Even if it took a little pressing, even if it was graphic, even if it was about our friends, or even if it was about me, he would share it. I think it helps him, sharing his worries seems to help him talk about the nightmares more. It made me feel closer to him. I knew he would only talk to me about them. I know his this sounds but it makes me feel special.

I knew from that day we were going to be together for the rest of our life. All our adventures after that point just grew our feelings for each other.

I decided to go and sit next to him. "Hey Aang. You know what else is coming up right?" I teased as I gave him a quick peck on the cheek and popped down next to him. "Yeah." He replied in a calm voice. He kissed me back and we just sat on Appa, me leaning on his shoulder heading to the Tea shop, watching the sun set.

Authors Note:
Okay so I feel like that went on a hugetangent but as I said first story. Any suggestions would be appreciated or ifyou notice any mistakes, please correct me. And thanks for reading, it's a real confidence boost to see more people reading eachday. So, thanks a lot.