𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 7࿐⋆fuck this shit let's start a riot⋆

Start from the beginning

"They are okay, miss!" said Dobby with a nod. "But Harry Potter has prohibited Dobby from telling anyone his whereabouts, miss, especially to Miss Diggy. Because he knows Miss Diggy is safe at Hogwarts and he does not want to change that."

Classic Harry Potter.

"Okay, okay, what's the message?" Y/N asked, her patience non-existent.

"Harry Potter asked me to give you this, miss!"

Y/N almost burst into tears.

Dobby held up a folded note.

The Diggory girl snatched the note and opened it as if her life depended on it.

Dear Miss Quaffle,

I can't say much. I don't want this to fall into the wrong hands and I don't want anything bad to happen to you.

I am safe. We're safe. I miss you. I miss you so much it feels like I cannot breathe.

I pray both of our rings keep glowing every day.

I love you.

Y/N's legs gave out and she fell on the couch, clutching the note to her chest, she closed her eyes.

How did her life come to this? How did both of their lives come to this?

"Thank you, Dobby," she whispered, tears straining her eyes.

"You are welcome, miss," said Dobby, smiling sympathetically. "Would Miss Diggy like for Dobby to give Harry Potter a message in return?"

Y/N opened her eyes and read the note again and again. Then she nodded.

"Yes. Yes, I would."

Because, god, she knew she would need this little boost of strength for the horrible days to come.

⋆⋆⋆⋆

Y/N did not stop reading Harry's note, even though it was the one and only one that ever came.

She understood, though. It wasn't safe for them to casually exchange notes whenever they wanted. Times had changed. They weren't fourteen year olds anymore, unfortunately.

Her ring kept on glowing and that was enough for her.

Days at Hogwarts were miserable to endure.

It was torture, anyone would define it as torture, except some Slytherins, perhaps, because Hogwarts was unrecognisable.

All the rules Umbridge had when she was at Hogwarts had been put up again. However, this time, they didn't have the Weasley twins to burn them all down.

If Amycus and Alecto were on fire and Y/N had water, she would most certainly drink it.

Defence Against the Dark Arts had turned into just Dark Arts with no defence lessons. Muggle Studies was just a class where Alecto goes on and on about how muggles are dirt and how wizards are above them.