chapter 4: Girl in the window

Dee’s POV:

As I was listening to music on my phone i kept on wondering about that girl i saw in Ms.Mcallister’s old house

Now that I think about it, I never introduced myself well. That's what my dad would've wanted.

“HEY BOYS BREAKFAST IS READY”, I heard my ma scream from the bottom of the stairs

“Ok Ma”,  I shouted back. I was starting to head down the stairs and suddenly my brother pushed past me on the way down.

“Heavy watch out”, I exclaim

I was a bit irritated due to the fact that i didn’t eat yet.

“Sorry Dee it's just that Dads cooking today”, Heavy said with an apologetic look on his face

“ It's fine Heavy”, I said with a tired look on my face

I continued down the stairs to see my dad setting up the table and my mom serving the food.

I went to sit down and eat but then my mom started talking "Hey I heard some new neighbors just moved in." She said while swinging her fork around in the air. While food just fell out of her mouth.

I stared at her in disgust but then again she was my mom and then I turned my head and saw heavy chewing while food fell out of his mouth can’t deny the genes.

“ oh you mean the young girl and the woman who just moved across the street.” said my father

With nothing but a smile on his face and watching my mother eat her food he looked at her like she was a rose thinking she was finally eating decently. I turned to face her.

She was shoving her food in her mouth and my dad just watching her with loving eyes.

I lost my appetite at that very moment.

“I lost my appetite.” I said while getting up from the table disgusted by my mom and dad.

“ Ok?”, my dad said

I looked annoyed and just headed up to my room then I started thinking about the girl across the street and I kept thinking and thinking until I caught myself looking right at her window.

Then that's when i saw her it seemed like she was talking to someone but she actually seemed to be just waking up.

I kept staring at her, then I started wondering what was so interesting about her that kept her coming in my mind if only I could stop thinking about her.