Chapter 2

"I ACCEPT!"

'Huh? Where am I?' Asta asked himself as he looked around the room he is at.

"My leg..." Asta said in awe as his gaze fell onto his supposedly amputated leg. He slowly moved his hand towards his leg. He was surprised to see that it was real, he pinched his leg just to make sure and he really felt it. He was about to close his eyes again but something caught his eye first, a prompt.

[QUEST: BECOME THE STRONGEST.]

'Huh, what a weird thing to say to someone who is magicless.' Asta thought to himself while looking at the screen in front of him.

[YOU RECEIVED MAIL, DO YOU WISH TO OPEN IT?]

"Yes."

The screen became larger as text scattered all over the place.

[DAILY QUEST:
PUSH-UPS - 0/1000
SIT-UPS - 0/1000
PULL-UPS - 0/1000
SQUATS - 0/1000
SPRINT - 0/100KM

WARNING: IF DAILY QUEST REQUIREMENTS AREN'T MET, THERE WILL BE A PENALTY.]

'Weird...' He said to himself as he got up. A thousand of what is required for the daily task would be easy for him but in his current condition, he would have to take things slowly and slowly do more than required as he recovered. He began working out in his room at the hospital while thinking of a name for the prompt.

[DAILY QUEST COMPLETION RATE: 20%]

The prompt stated as Asta finished 1000 push-ups. He stood up to reposition himself, still lost in thought until...

"AH! 'The System' would be a good name!" He thought out loud as his mood became lighter, he proceeds to do "The System's" daily quest at a quicker rate now that naming it was out of the way.

[DAILY QUEST COMPLETION RATE: 40%]

[DAILY QUEST COMPLETION RATE: 60%]

[DAILY QUEST COMPLETION RATE: 80%]

The daily quest flew by fast considering his current state but the last quest was making him feel troubled. If the staff of the hospital saw him running at an incredible speed and for incredible lengths then he would be in trouble; worst case scenario would be Noelle seeing him doing such exercises in his condition but he was more scared of what the penalty could be if he didn't complete his daily quest.

'I'm taking the risk and do the quest.' he said to himself as he released a deep sigh from overthinking the situation. He went towards the bottom floor to only be met by hospital staff.

"Ummm... Mr. Knight, shouldn't you be resting, and can you please put on some clothes." The nurse said while averting her gaze to something else in the hall.

"Ah, I'm sorry for the discomfort but I would be doing light exercises for now or else there will be a punishment and regarding the clothing... I'll just use the back door next time. Sorry for the inconvenience." Asta said to the nurse who was still flustered from the sight in front her, how such a chiseled body be on such a young boy was the only thing she could think off. Asta ignored her flustered face and walks off to sprint 100KM just as the system has requested.

He ran and ran throughout the day at a constant rate, the sun was setting by the time he ended so he went to sit at a nearby bench to rest. He was about to drink some water but the system interrupted him with a new prompt.

[DAILY QUEST HAS BEEN COMPLETED!]

[YOUR REWARD FOR COMPLETING THE DAILY QUEST HAS ARRIVED.]

[WOULD YOU LIKE TO ACCEPT?]
.
.
.
.
.

The next day he woke up to the sound of someone slamming his door. He shot up his bed and saw an unexpected visitor.

"Oi! Bakasta! Do you know how worried I was... I mean how worried we were about you!?" Noelle said stammering a bit for some reason.

"Noelle, I'm sorry, but do you mind if I ask how you got inside the dungeon portal?" Asta asked as he turned his body towards Noelle.

"We found you on an altar in the center for some reason, there was some blood but no signs of any living beings or traps." There was a moment of silence before Noelle added,

"We also saw your coat wrapped around your leg, it was drenched in blood but you didnt have a big wound. Why is that?"

"Honestly, I don't know the reason myself." Asta said as he looked at his leg, "If it wasn't a healer then was it the system that healed me?" He asked himself as he gripped his own fist tighter.

"Asta, what was it that you fought in that dungeon that left you in such a state?" Noelle asked him but Asta only remained silent.

"You should rest some more Asta, I'll be back tomorrow after I finish my mission with Vanessa. Is that okay with you?" She asked Asta who was now staring right into her eyes. He only gave her a nod as a reply and went back to bed. 'He's awfully quiet today.' Noelle thought as she heads out of Asta's room.

Asta was now deep in his thoughts, he hasn't seen his grimoire, yet and doesn't know where it is. He thought about it for a while but the system interfered.

[WOULD YOU LIKE TO ACCESS YOUR INVENTORY?]

'An inventory?' Asta accepts the system's offer and shows a grid, on the top left corner of the grid was a book, he grabbed and pulled it out and turns out it was his grimoire. He then explores more in the system and accidentally opens his stats.

[PLAYER NAME: ASTA
PLAYER STATS:
STRENGTH-420
AGILITY-434
SENSE-397
VITALITY- 378
INTELLIGENCE-380]

'Huh, how come I'm faster than I am stronger?' Asta thought while looking at his stats. He was thinking of what to improve next until one specific stat got his attention, MP (Mana Points). His eye widen as he found that he does have mana all along and plenty of it. His eyes gets watery from finding this out, all his life he was made fun of for not having magic and now he has the very thing that made him unique.

"Finally..... I have magic!" Asta whisper shouted as he lightly sobbed into his hands. He was now just like everyone else, he would finally not miss out from the fun in magic oriented events. He was now going to experience what life is like for everyone else.

"I should get some rest..." He said to himself as he wiped off his tears with his wrists. He was normal now.