Lily and Lily Pad

Start from the beginning

"Of course, your excellency. And thank you for your visit. I'm honored that you think of me that way." answered Lily.

After the visit, Lily's petals grown a little stronger and plumpish pink. It was good for her health. She is indeed the muse of that little pond. Lily Pad loves how her friend was admired by everyone but she dislike the fuss about her too. Lily Pad feels that compliments are dangerous in a way that she can't explain. However, it doesn't mean that not everything that you do not want will not come to you. Life doesn't work that way, and so Lily Pad keep it to herself. For in these days, Lily is much more the priority.

And even if how slow time seems to be, Lily's life as a water lily seemed to come to an end. Lily felt her heart was skipping in nervousness. Before becoming an enchantress, Lily should go to the willow tree below the center of the pond. She should go there and ask for guidance, acceptance, and a gift for her. The willow tree below the pond's waters is a sacred place of the forest. One should be quiet and respectful when one goes there. Only few can go there. Lily swam below the waters. As she dove in, she heard the music played by the other lilies above until she goes deeper and deeper where she can only hear the ripples of the water and her beating heart.

And there, the willow tree sat underwater. It has a huge trunk and almost look bigger than the pond itself. She went into the thick vines of the willow tree and did what she's been told. Meanwhile, in the surface of the pond after Lily dove in, all the other lilies went back to their own doings. Lily Pad on the other hand felt something strange, so she hid behind a big rock and tried to calm her heart. It seems something was wrong with her heart. She can't breathe properly and seems to lose it any seconds until quite questionably, she loses consciousness. Below the waters, Lily felt the same. When she touch the sacred stone of the willow tree, her heart seems to beat uncontrollably until just like Lily Pad, fell and loses consciousness.

Two young girls, age nine, witness the transformation of Lily Pad behind the big rock. For a normal human being, they both were shock. They thought Lily Pad was Lily for in everytime they visited the pond, they don't just look at Lily's petals, they also look at Lily Pad. At a young age, one always thought that a flower and its leaf will always coexist. They went near the once Lily Pad that had transformed into a lovely maiden. She lay still on the cold water. Her once round shape body had turned into human-like. The leaf that she once were had turned into a green dress fitted for her new body. The two young girls help Lily Pad (still thinking it's Lily).

Meanwhile, Lily had just woken up and was ready to go up shore when she suddenly meet the enchantress.
"Please do come and sit with me. Here's a little drink for you to sip on while we talk." invite the enchantress to Lily under the willow tree's thick vines and swaying flowers where a table was placed.
"Umm....sure. Of course, your majesty." answered Lily, doubtful and having a little bad feeling that she couldn't describe.

....
The enchantress instructed Lily about the things an enchantress would do. Lily in her occupied mind had just nodded while fidgeting to her seat.

"What's wrong, dear child?"ask the enchantress.

"I am sorry if I'm a little occupied, your majesty. I just have a feeling that I should go up shore now, if you don't mind of course."says Lily honestly.

"Why, of course my dear. I bet all the others are already waiting for you. You should go now. I shall talk to you later." agreed the enchantress.

"Thank you, your majesty." thanked Lily.

Lily swam or more like float to get to the surface of the pond. Her body had change into human-like, along with that, she seems to possessed a magical power inside her. There were little twinkles of starlight surrounding her everytime she moves. She was dressed in a lovely fusion of white and mild fuschia.

When Lily rose to the surface, every lily in the pond seems to not know her at all. For once, they thought she's the enchantress but then Lily has much more fairer skin than the enchantress and much more in glow. Lily introduce herself like as if she's a stranger in that little pond that she once called home. All the other lilies watch her in adoration. They watch her beauty for in their eyes, the changes in her appearance is a beautiful sight. After the lovely compliments and congratulations, Lily quickly went to her favourite spot of the pond to look for Lily Pad, the one she had been with all her life. But Lily Pad was nowhere to be found. Suddenly, she heard giggling and talking behind a big rock. The voices were familiar. She can't be wrong, it is indeed theirs; the ones who had love her from the very first place. She smiled widely and peek at the creatures behind the big rock.

"You are indeed lovely, Lily!" says one of the young girls named Annalise .

"Yes, you're very pretty!" complimented Mina then hugs Lily Pad.
Lily's smile turned into a frown. Her mind whispered words that pierces her heart. She run away from that big rock and went to a place of blooming infant lilies.

In the place where little lilies play, Lily the new enchantress wept. She wept and wept for she felt betrayed. She thought Lily Pad told the two girls that she is her. And one can never tell that a broken heart will harden as stone. Yes, Lily had turned into a stone. For her heart was still fragile and the consequences of that is firm stone. Before that happens, Lily Pad was just talking to the young girls that she's Lily Pad and not Lily. They were waiting for her to greet her. This happens when Lily was weeping at the blooming garden. But due to Lily not turning up, the two young girls promise Lily Pad to visit tomorrow because it's getting past their visit time. Lily Pad agreed and can't wait to tell Lily about the two girls. Once the two young girls bid their goodbye, Lily Pad felt her heart ache. She didn't know, Lily and her were always connected not just as friends but as a leaf and a flower.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Sensitivity....it's quite dangerous." says the enchantress to a stone that had the shape and eyes of Lily.
And as if the enchantress can hear quite well what Lily wanted to say, she says to the statued Lily, "I did not do it, my dear. Your heart did it to yourself. But I couldn't quite disagree to you for I put just a little bit of something in your drink. Sensitivity....perhaps. Just a little or was it a little too much." smirk the enchantress.
"Come." commanded the enchantress to a little fairy-like creature hovering above Lily's head.
It flew pass the blooming lilies and landed at the enchantress' shoulder.

"Congratulations, your highness. You are once again the enchantress of the forest." said the fairy-like creature in its squeaky voice.

"Thank you, Lilpod." thanked the enchantress.

The enchantress skin glowed much more fairer and her eyes glimmer  like orbs from a porcelain sea. Her skin turned rose white once again and her cheeks become plumper which look younger than ever.
And she ruled the forest in another generation time. The lilies in that pond doesn't know, nobody had known about this tale so I told it to you.

FIN.