Shivling

॥ॐ नम: शिवाय॥

ॐ त्र्यम्बकं यजामहे
सुगन्धिं पुष्टिवर्धनम् ।
उर्वारुकमिव बन्धनान्
मृत्योर्मुक्षीय मामृतात् ॥

During the whole life for once a girl will surely had to listen this - Shivling kuwari ladki nahi chu sakti
A girl/ unmarried girl can't touch Shivling because Lord Shiv remains in Penance and touching the Shivling will break it and that's why it is forbidden for women to touch the shivling.

On the other hand, if women keep the fast of Lord Shiva for 16 consecutive Mondays, then unmarried women get a good groom.

Some also thinks that Shiv Ling shouldn't be touched by women
Because It symbolises the male genital part.

It has been a common myth that Shiva Lingam represents male genital organs. This is not only false, misleading but also baseless. Such misinterpretations are done in recent times, when Indian literatures came into hands of foreign scholars; Britishers and Muslims.

Western scholars associated ShivLing with wrong words. And please never ever believe in these stupid rumors about our gods and goddess.

Shiv Ling or Shiv Lingam
Means formless Shiv

Lingam is state of God just before manifestation of Universe.

Shiva Lingam is certainly not a sex mark or a male genital
The actual word of male genital is "shishna" in Sanskrit.

The Sanskrit word 'Lingam' means symbol.
Thus the literal meaning of Shiv Lingam is the symbol of Shiv.
The Supreme Shiv doesn't have a form and every form is his form.
The Shiva Lingam represents him, the Supreme Shiv who is formless.

Shiv Ling is the divine symbol of formless state for the common people, saints, rishis and demi-gods to meditate the Supreme Soul.

In Shiv Puran, Shiva-linga has been described as beginning-less and endless cosmic pillar (means Stambha) of the fire which is originally a cause of all causes. It never has any ending and beginning.
It (Lingodbhava) symbolises the superiority over all.

According to the Linga Purana, it is symbolises as the cosmic pillar means an infinite nature of Shiva.
It is the representation of a tasteless, formless and smell less Universe Bearer. It is the oval shape structure resembling the whole Universe and its bottom resembling the base of Supreme Power which hold the entire Universe.

Swami Vivekananda described Shiva Lingam as the symbol of the Eternal Brahman, when a German Orientalist, Gusta Oppert traced it to phallicism.

Swami Vivekanand cited Atharva Veda that the worship of Shiva Lingam was sung in praise of sacrificial post - a description of the beginning less and endless of the Eternal Brahman.

The Western Scholars had done enough damage to us, our culture and our tradition

It's time to Rise and Spread the truth
सर्व सत्ये प्रतिष्ठितम्

Read and comment
Regards
T.H.S
R.V.G