First Hatching

It was another day like any other. At least that's what I thought it would be. Dr. Wu decided to call me down to the lab for me to be apart of a special project. He said it would be a revolutionary step for humanity.

Whatever it was must have been a big deal for him I guess. As I made my way down to the lab I saw Clare going there as well. "Hey Clare what do you think about the 'revolutionary step for humanity'? Also did Dr. Wu also call you down to the lab for the same reason?" She waved as she acknowledges me presence. "Dr. Wu has been developing a new type of species in the lab. Trying to perfect Mr. Masroni's request for a dinosaur."

I nodded along not fully processing what she said. When I did I stopped walking. "Wait.. you mean to tell me that you created a whole new species just like that?" She nodded and continued walking to the lab.

I had to jog a bit to catch up. The rest of the way was silent. It was pretty much awkward without talking. At least for me it I really don't know about Clare.

Mini time skip

We made it to the lab after a bit of walking. Clare ignored me the whole way even when I tried to make some small talk. At least we're here now though.

I saw Dr. Wu walking over to us. He seemed pleased to see us both here. "Glad you both could come. Specifically you Chester. You are needed for this species to imprint on you like what we did with your brother and the raptors." I nodded and followed him into the incubation center. I still can't believe they made a whole new species from different types of animals.

I tried to ask him what the new dinosaur was made of. He only said that the base of it was a T-Rex and the rest of it was classified. I was slightly disappointed with that answer but I know it's the best one I'm gonna get. At least for the time being. But I'll get my answers soon enough.

As Dr. Wu lead the way I saw many eggs of various sizes. I guess it's for the park that's in development right now. As we made our way to their newest project I saw that the eggs were about to hatch. I quickened my pace to get there a bit faster.

Once I was there I saw that Clare and Dr. Wu had hung back so I would get imprinted on by the dinosaurs. They were lovely young ladies but what I saw next may traumatize me for a while. "Hey doc what was the name of the species again?" "Their name is the Indominous rex." I nodded understanding the name.

I just saw one of them eat her sister seconds before she hatched. It was pretty disgusting to see first hand. I assume that she probably is the strongest out of the two of them. It's common in nature for the strong to survive and the weak to fall but never have I seen it come this early in life.

Especially not when it comes to siblings. This is what parents usually do to find the stronger sibling and raise it instead. I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the small girl chirp. I looked down at her and she looked as if she hadn't done anything wrong.

I tilted my head and she copied. I did this for a bit until I was kicked out of the lab. I was kind of disappointed to leave but I had promised Owen that I'd help him with the raptors earlier before I left. So I might as well get going and hopefully nothing stops me from doing so. I'd rather be dealing with those little things than the indominous rex right now.

From what I've heard from Owen Blue has made some amazing progress. She was named the beta of the pack and he made himself alpha. I guess it's because he takes care of them. They hatched a few weeks ago if I remember correctly.

I made my way out of the viewers section of the the lab. It was still in development since they are still trying to find a way to let people see what's going on behind the scenes without letting them see all the classified stuff like the Indominous Rex.

I quickly made my way to the enclosure for the raptors. They would be staying there until they are almost fully matured.

Mini time skip

I finally made it to the enclosure. Owen was waiting outside for me. I guess I'm a bit late. "What took you so long? I've been waiting here for a few minutes." I rolled my eyes at him. He's always been impatient especially when it comes to doing a job. He used to be in the navy so I guess it's understandable. But still the guy could learn to be patient once in a while.

I walked up to him and hit him in the face with my palm. I hit him in between his eyes. He held the spot where I hit him. "The least you can do is be patient!" He lowered his head from the pain. "You could be a less aggressive too Chester!" I smacked the back of his head and then walked into the enclosure. Owen followed me in still sulking that I hit him. "You know for being the older of the both of us you act like you're the younger brother."

He decided to be even more of a pain and shove me. "I think the height difference would say otherwise." He only says that because he got dad's height And I got our mom's height. "Oh sure. There was a new study going around that taller people die faster than shorter one. So good luck to you when you're fifty." I shoved him back knowing full well that he won't do anything.

We walked over to where the raptors were being held. "So what did he need you for anyway?" I looked around to see if anyone was near us. "I was there because they are doing a new research study for a species they made in the lab." He nodded and did the same thing I did. If we have anything in common, it's the not processing the full statement that people tell us.

He went on about how people are starting to get greedy for new stuff. Of course I tuned out a majority of it. I saw Delta, Eco, Blue, and Charlie running around and I guess they were playing with one another. I saw a camera man in here. I forgot that he has to log all of his progress with them. He asked me to come because I have faster reflexes than him. He wanted to see their reaction to any signs of weakness.

I started Charlie and did Blue last. Blue.. she was the only one that didn't try to bite me. Instead she tried a different approach. She showed signs of empathy. After that though Owen let me leave. I guess today wasn't so bad after all.

I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter. I will try to update a bit more often. But I don't have an update schedule so most of the time it will be random. Have a good day or night.

(1222 words)