“Why do you want to keep our marriage thing as a secret? Is it because of me or you?"
“ Its because of us. I'm not ashamed of this relationship or something. But I really don't want anyone questioning you because of this. You're always good with students and everyone in college. So if they get to know that you married your student they might start saying you will be partial towards me in everything. I don't want anyone commenting on you that way. So...."
“ Ok Nidhi. I can understand your concern. But don't worry, everything will be fine. By now everyone in our college already knows I'm married because of this Harshith who never keep things as secret. But since nobody knows who is my wife I don't think we will have a problem. Remember I'm any day proud to be called your husband"
“Thank you so much sir...."
“I think you will need a lot of time to get over with sir thing. Anyways lets take it slow. Tomorrow we need to wake up early since there is Sathyanarayana pooja in the morning. So I think it's better to sleep now"

He picked a pillow and spare blankets from wardrobe and moved to couch.
“Why are you taking couch?"
I asked him with a frown. Its his room so I should be the one who takes couch.

“You want me to share bed with me?" I was shocked with his words.
“Though the idea seems tempting, I don't think it will be comfortable for you. So relax, you need better sleeping arrangements today than me. So sleep well. Once we shift back to my flat we can see what to do. Good night"
He went ahead and slept on the couch. Since I was too tired sleep engulfed me soon.

Next day I woke up when I heard someone calling my name. I opened my eyes with a yawn and the surrounding looked very unfamiliar. I jolted up and sat on the bed and saw a handsome man in front me, oh... that's my husband, I'm married and right now I'm in my in-law's place. I think I should set a daily reminder of these things for a week now.

“Slept well?"
He asked me as he sat next to me.
I nodded since I'm not sure if I have a bad breath or not.
“Fine then freshen up. I'll get you coffee. You need to get ready for pooja too. Amma sent you the saree you need to wear today. Take your time and get ready"

I went to washroom and freshened up. Now the real trouble begins. My saree and me are not sharing a good relationship currently. I kept struggling and struggling only to get failed in getting ready. Urghhh dear saree... why can't you show some mercy on me?

I heard the knock on the door and I'm still holding the saree in hand.
“Nidhi are you ready? Can I come in?"
He asked me.
“No.."
I screamed with worry.
“I think you need someone to help you with the saree. Wait for a moment"
God... this is going to be more embarrassing.
Since I didn't have any more options I started looking at the patterns on the saree, it was a beautiful golden saree with pink border.

Soon I heard one more knock on the door.
“Nidhi, its me your Atte, can you open the door please"
It was my mother in law. I hurried and opened the door, but I was embarrassed to face her.
“Its ok. Even I didn't know how to wear saree when I got married. You will have time to learn. Also we don't want you to wear saree all the time. So you can take time to learn"
She said with a smile and asked for the saree. I carefully observed how she pleated and pinned the saree. It wasn't that complicated actually, but somehow it wasn't my thing so easily.

“You could have asked Chiru to help you. He knows well about sarees. Infact he picked this for you"
“He knows?"
I'm more than shocked about the revelation.
“He used to help me with pleating and stuff when I injured my fingers or something when he was a kid. So he knows about it. You don't have to worry about anything Nidhi. I have taught him everything to survive. So when you go back to Mysore, don't worry about house chores. He can do it on his own. You have to study well and make us proud. We have high hopes for you"
“Thank you so much Aunty"
“No... Don't call me aunty. You're my only daughter in law. So you will call me Atte"
I nodded.

“I know you have something to ask me. Feel free, I'm not much different from your mother. You can talk to me as comfortably as you talk to her"
She said as she finished with saree and helped me with the ornaments.
“You don't want me to call you Amma?"
“No dear. I want my daughter in law to call me Atte. Because it's a different level of happiness to be called so. But that doesn't mean I'll be this snobbish mother in-law from TV serials or something. I will continue to love you just like I love my Chiru. I want you to address me as Atte and love me as Amma"
“Thank you so much Atte"
She hugged me and kissed my forehead.

“My daughter in-law is so beautiful and cute"
She placed a kajal bottu behind my ears, to protect me from all the negativity.
“Want me to braid your hair?"
She asked me with a smile.
“No Atte. I'll do it. You must be having guest to attend. I'll come down quickly"
“Ok. I'll ask Chiru to get your coffee. Come down when you're ready"
“Ok"

She went out and I started drying my wet hair with a towel. I braided my long hair and applied some cream and kajal as my love for makeup is practically nonexistent.
Since the door was almost open I heard a faint knock and I knew who it was. My husband in his white shirt and dhoti walked in.
“Your coffee.. And you look really good"
Oh my poor heart... its just a simple complement, stop beating as if you don't have any other work to do....

I took the coffee mug from his hand.
“Thank you for the coffee and Saree. I heard Atte saying you selected this for me"
I think every newly wed girl has these kind of shyness and anxiety talking to her husband may be....
“Did she.... You look good in everything. So.....yeah....
Your parents and family members are downstairs. Finish up the coffee and meet them"
I quickly finished my coffee and walked out with him.

My family was happily conversing with my in laws. I walked towards Amma and she engulfed me in a hug as soon as she saw me, Ajji too hugged me. After talking for sometime, the priest called us for Pooja. After around 3 hours, the pooja finally came to an end. My body hardly had energy since we didn't have breakfast.
“Tired? You need juice or something Nidhi?"
He asked me and I shook my head. I think I can manage for some more time. Soon our guest started having lunch and when we sat in front of our food it was almost 3 in the noon.

My hunger was long dead because of long waiting but my in-laws and husband made sure I ate well. Next I helped my mother in-law in cleaning up the house and everything looked decent once we were done.

Let's see how married life treats Mrs Shrinidhi Chiranth Rao...