"She has the technologies, and clearly from last night, she doesn't care who gets killed, be it her people or us." Korra briefly remembered the massive explosion of all the giant mecha tanks with most of the green armored people inside.

"Did... Did anyone make it?" She asked in a lower tone. She didn't want to hear the answer but had to.

Pema stood up and carried Ronan. She meekly said, "I'm gonna go change this young boy. I'll see you both later." She then excused herself as they both nodded.

Tenzin cleared his throat and then responded, "There were two who almost made it. One passed when they were on the way to the hospital. The other one had serious injuries, but when they left him in the room when the healer came back, he.." Tenzin looked uneasy, but Korra understood.

"Right." Korra cleared her throat and took another sip and then continued, "Bolin and Varrick?"

"They're going to get questioned by the council before noon. You're invited as well. We'll have to be more vigilant now and prepare for the worse. I'm afraid it can only go downhill from here if we don't work on something." Tenzin stroked his beard for a moment and met Korra's eyes. "Miss Sato has already sent some blueprints regarding the mecha tanks she's building in her factory."

"Oh. Yeah, right." Of course she did. Korra broke away from Tenzin's gaze, her cheeks in heat. She wondered if Tenzin could read her mind. That's why she got out of our bed early. OUR bed? No. Asami's bed.

"This isn't going to end well, Tenzin." Korra said grimly, "I've seen her army in the Earth Kingdom. We are outnumbered."

"There's no time to stop here now. We'll address it in the meeting and see what actions we need to do from here on out." Some airbenders stopped to greet Korra and Tenzin. One of them whispered something to Tenzin, gave him a nod in response, then disappeared.

"The kids just told me they're ready to fight." She said once they were alone again. Elbow propped up, resting her cheek on her knuckles.

Tenzin hummed and didn't say anything. Throughout Korra's life, the master Airbender would always give remarks when needed, especially in this type of matter. I will relay my opinion to where I see fit as a Master Airbender, as part of the council, or in an occurrence that showcases great importance. Korra thought this was a very crucial situation that Tenzin needed to be interested in.

She looked at him as if he were a different person. And Tenzin noticed. He gave a hearty chuckle and casually took another sip of his tea. "You seem to forget that my father ended a hundred-year war when he was the same age as Jinora."

Korra scoffed, "Doesn't mean they have to go through the same thing."

"I understand where your sentiments lie, Korra. I wouldn't want a war to erupt. Politics is a very dangerous and tricky game. Kuvira has made the first shot and you mentioned it yourself that we are outnumbered. I don't think you wouldn't want to just sit idle and watch them destroy our home. We will need all the people we can get." He looked at the Avatar and gave her a reassuring smile, "They're good. I've seen them train. If Kuvira doesn't retreat, we won't have a choice but to defend."

She took a deep sigh and shrugged. "I should've come back sooner."

Tenzin regarded Korra for a moment, "It's not your fault. We wouldn't see this coming in a mile. You needed time to recover. Never make yourself feel bad about that."

Korra looked up and caught Tenzin's gaze, "As Guru Lama said, we can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves. The important thing is you're here."