❄︎ Part 1 - November 25

It's November and I feel like it's getting colder and colder, which is probably because I can't afford a thicker jacket or thicker shoes at the moment. I spend most of my money on making sure that my parents are doing well in the nursing home. I'm just on my way to work when my phone starts ringing. It's my best friend Emma. As I get off the bus I pick up and unlock the café at the same time. "Hey Em, what's up," I ask her as I turn on the light. "Hey Y/N, I was wondering if you wanted to go to a party with me tonight?", I roll my eyes because she knows I actually hate parties. "Em, you know I hate parties." I hear a small annoyed groan. This isn't the first time she's tried to drag me to a party. "Sweetie. You'll never find the right one that way."

Finding the right one. Oh how long I cried over such thoughts. Every night I lay in my bed and thought how it is to have someone now at that moment. But my last relationship was a little while ago. "Alright, because it's you," I give out and I hear a squeak on the other end of the line. I hold my phone a little further away from my ear. "Em, I have to hang up now, my shift starts now and Layla is sick, so I'm alone today," I gave out a little annoyed. Layla is only here because of her father. He wants her to learn that she has to work for his money, but she prefers to take Daddy's money out of her pocket. That's why she's on sick leave. She fucks with a doctor, so you know what she does for it. That always means that I actually me by two parts. My boss is very caring and understands when I just need a longer break. Only Layla can't fire her because the store was bought by Leyla's father. When the first guests arrive, all the stress starts. But somehow the day is different today. I have the feeling that someone is watching me. Although I look around, there is no one who is obviously staring at me.

_______________

I am now standing in front of my closet and don't know what to wear. I had to sell the fancy clothes so I could afford my little apartment. There is a knock on my door. I open it and standing in front of me is Em. "Hey, Em. We don't have a meet for another hour," I ask her, confused, and she just grins at me. When I see the clothes in her hand, I shake my head and look at her. "You definitely can't get me into a dress like that. Absolutely not," I state annoyed and walk towards the kitchen to pour water into my glass. "You are definitely not going to go to this club in one of your pants," I don't look at her because she will know my answer, actually already. "You're going to try on these clothes now and then I'm going to put some makeup on you. Who knows what hot and rich guys are running around there. Maybe the love of your life is in this club," with wide eyes I look at her and almost choke on my water. "The big love doesn't exist Em, how many times do I have to tell you that. The last time I gave someone my heart, they took it and stomped on it." Yeah that's my weak spot. Remembering my ex. I gave him everything I could give him, but what does he do? He cheats on me and flew to Paris with her the next day too. "I'm sorry y/n. I didn't mean to bring up that subject," I give her a hug. "No, it's okay. I'll put on one of those dresses. I don't want to ruin the mood." Now she smiles at me and together we go to my bathroom.

After looking closely at all three dresses, I decided on a simple black dress. It just goes over my butt but it has long sleeves. It's cold outside and I don't want to jump around half naked. Emma has me still equal made up and together we go to the party. The night and two unknowing girls. I do not know how this night ends, but one thing I know. If only one has his hand on me, he will feel the fist. When we have waited fifteen minutes, we can also finally go in and I see an incredible crowd of people. Normally I avoid such crowds, but what don't you do for your best friend. This club is divided into two floors. Upstairs sit the very rich and celebrities and down where we sit and dance, are the very stink normal people who work for a living and just let it all out.

I take a seat at a free table and order us something to drink. "Do you have to work tomorrow morning?", my best friend asked me. I look at my shift schedule and I see that I don't have to work until noon tomorrow. "I can drink a little more today," she immediately gets up and quickly walks to the bar. I look around the club and I already have that feeling again that I'm being watched. Maybe I'm just imagining it because I haven't gotten much sleep the last few weeks. Actually, my thoughts are always with my parents. They got me pretty late back then and I'm still pretty young and I don't know how I'm going to pay all these costs myself. When Em sits down next to me again, I come back to reality. "Have a big sip and then we'll go dancing."