16

"I think you're lying to yourself," Eren brushes your hair back behind your ear and then changes his voice from a whisper to something more monotone. "But like I said, no more games, y/n. Come find me when you figure your shit out."

Eren leaves you without another word. He gets lost among the dancing bodies, but you know he won't join them. Parties aren't your scene and you know dancing isn't his.

You lean your head on the wall and close your eyes tightly. Inwardly scolding yourself.

Idiot. Idiot. Idiot.

Why didn't you just say something? Say what you really wanted. What you felt. That you wanted his hands all over your body, that you were craving his touch. That you do have feelings for him.

"You can't be that drunk yet," you hear the familiar honey sound of Armins voice in front of you.

You tilt your head back down and open your eyes, seeing Armin standing before you in a doctor's uniform.

"Doctor," you smile without it reaching your eyes. "I am actually in need of some more alcohol. Care to join?"

"Oh, I guess. I mean not a lot. Maybe one-" he stumbles over his words.

You take your hand and place it on his shoulder then guide the two of you back to the kitchen to grab some drinks.

"What's your poison?" You narrow your eyes curiously at the blonde boy who looks rather shaggy tonight. His hair isn't brushed to perfection like it usually is and his costume is oversized compared to his prim and proper attire.

"I don't know actually," Armin shy eyes look around at the bottles. "I don't drink much. I'll just have whatever you're having."

You smirk and pour two shots of fireball. You're wanting to spice things up after the vodka you've been downing the past forty minutes since you've been here. 

"Here you go," you smile and pass the shot glass over. "Cheers."

You both down your shots and you are now feeling as if you should take a break before you get too drunk. But that would be nice right about now.

You feel really bad about not being honest with Eren. He gave you an open invitation to tell him how you feel and you ended up making matters worse.

But it's not like you don't want to be with him, you just can't. You have to talk to your dad first. Or just man up and tell your father it's not fair to you to keep your feelings about Eren to yourself because he's a football player. He doesn't get to decide who you do and don't date. You're eighteen years old. And it's not like you're going to cost your dad any games by dating Eren.

"Aww you guys look so cute in your matching costumes," a girl walks up to you and Armin. She's short and blonde and kind of resembles your blonde friend. "Why didn't you say you had a girlfriend, Armin."

Armin's face turns bright red and he looks scared. "No no no. She's just a friend. We just happen to be wearing similar costumes. Totally unplanned."

"Oh," she laughs. "Well I guess that makes sense. My names Historia by the way."

She doesn't look like any girl you've seen at school so she must be from another one. "I'm Y/n, nice to meet you."

"Ah, y/n. I've heard a lot about you," her blue eyes meet yours.

"You have?" Confusion enters your tone. "From who?"