26. ASR and picnics?

Start from the beginning

Aru now had enough. She sat near Khushi's lap and started pulling Arnav by his hair.

"oww! Princess, its hurting" Arnav tried futilely to stop the assault by her tiny hands.

"GET UP!! It's MY MAMMA!" she shouted all the while continuing her attack on him.

"Gosh, Khushi, why is she so aggressive?" Arnav asked half getting up.

"Beti kiski hain? Ab kuch toh gun aapke bhi ayenge na(Now she will inherit some of your qualities too no)?" Khushi asked making Arnav speechless. Was he that aggressive? Oh, who was he kidding, he probably was!

"Offo! Fine! Uth raha hoon"

"Meri mamma" she repeated this time hugging her sitting in her lap.

"haan beta aapki mamma. And Pari's and your bhaiyya's too hai na?" Khushi said looking down at Aru but also looking out for Pari and Chiku at the same time. And then she noticed Kavish had seen all this from a distance and went away.

Khushi signaled Arnav towards Kavish. Arnav got up and jogged on his way to reach Kavish.

"Kavish, kya kar rahe ho baby?" Arnav asked going near him who was sitting on a bench now.

When he just smiled and continued bouncing the tennis-ball while sitting, Arnav sat next to him.

"Do you remember Kavish, before Aru and Pari were born, you, me and your mamma often used to come here and we used to play all the time?"

"hmm. But abhi aru and pari need you more" he said with a small smile.

"aur aap bhi baby. You know who called me Papa first?" Arnav asked.

He turned his head to Arnav innocently, though he kind of knew the answer. Arnav flicked his little nose,

"you did. You are my most special baby Kavish!" He said making Kavish give a proud smile. He was special for his papa. And then Khushi too walked near them, having heard last few lines of their talk.

"and me too, you were the one to call me mamma first. In fact, aap toh mamma bol bhi nahi pate the, you know what you used to call me? Maa! You are my pyara baby. Aur abhi nahi, tabse jab aap hamare tummy me the (and not just now but since the time when you were in my tummy). You never troubled me unlike your naughty sister, Aru, she always troubles me." Khushi said mock pouting.

"No mamma, aru abhi small hai na iss liye(she's small now that's why she is naughty)." Khushi and Arnav were amazed to see how quickly Kavish took his sister's side. The way he was a doting bhaiyya to Aru and Pari used to make their hearts swell with pride.

"aur aap bhi small baby hi ho(you're small too). Aur mamma papa ke liye hamesha rahoge, ok?"

"Ok" he gave them a big wide smile, resembling their own. Arnav hugged him more to himself, kissing his soft hair while Khushi was happy to see the father-son duo reconciling.

--*--

"Humein aaj bohot accha laga, Chiku kafi khush tha (I am very happy today, Chiku was really happy)." she was lying in her favorite position for bed, her head on his chest, while Arnav was running his fingers through her long soft tresses.

"hmm, I know. I plan to have one more surprise for him though." Saying so he told her his next plan, she was surprised yet not really surprised! He was also 'The ASR' afterall.

"really? That would make him so happy. Sach kahe toh hum bhi thik se time nahi de pate aajkal use (to be honest, even I cant give him much time now a days) with Pari's speech therapies and Aru's tantrums"

"toh dusra bacha chahiye kise tha(so who wanted another child)?" Arnav asked her chuckling and teasing, reminding her about how adamant she was about the pregnancy during twins' time but it earned him a slap on his chest.

"aap imagine kar sakte hain life without Pari and your princess?" she asked raising her head from his chest.

"of course not. I am glad we have them." Life without both of his daughters was impossible! In fact, any of his kids AND his Khushi was impossible...that was the lingering thought on his mind as Arnav went to sleep that night. He also had to get up early next morning to follow up with someone, so his son's actual surprise went well tomorrow.

--*--

A/N – I had this image of arshi, their 3 kids and Teddy in the garden and then rest of it just flew by. This almost brought a closure to Kavish who was a little insecure and fighting that feeling. And then Pari bonding with Teddy and well, Aru toh aru hain! She makes up for everything her other 2 siblings won't do, keeping arshi on their toes all the time!

So yeah, one more chapter on Chiku and ASR, a chapter of HBD khushi and then we head to a future sneak peek before I go on a Christmas break. Stay tuned and don't forget to vote you all!