Chapter 5

Crying Doesn't Make You Weak.

"Take that rage, put it on a page. Take the page to the stage. Blow the roof off the place." Blasted through Isabella's earphones as she jogged around the park for the 3rd time round.

"Damn love." Tyler panted gaining up to Isabella. As he grasped her arm to grab her attention, she pulled his hand round behind his back and pushed him against a tree.

She yanked her earphones out. "What the hell Ty why'd you grab me like that I thought..." She took a deep breath and glared at Tyler.

"Sorry love, I saw you jogging around when I was jogging on the other side of the park and was gonna join you, didn't mean to scare you." He chuckled.

"You didn't scare me you dick, what if I was to break your arm?" She exasperated. "Break my arm? You think you can take me?" He laughed. Isabella smirked "Take you? You just won't do it for me." She spoke strategically turning the conversation around.

Tyler peered down at the girl in front of him with curiosity, hundreds of questions running though his mind. He leaned in till his face was millimetres away from her face "I'd be too much for you to handle love, I'd exceed your expectations and wildest dreams. I'd blow your whole world over leaving you craving for me and my touch." He whispered. "You're overestimating yourself Lockhart" she murmured. At the slightest sign of Isabella's grip slipping Tyler spun them around with her against the tree, their bodies pressed together. He brought a hand up to Isabella's temple and glided a finger down to her collar bone without breaking eye contact "You'll want my touch, need my touch and crave for it like a drug." He stated into her ear with his breath hitting against her bare skin.

Isabella's heart was thumping hard and rapidly in her chest due to Tyler's close proximity and words. "In yours dreams Lockhart." She laughed. "Always." He smiled. "Now how about we finish jogging love?"

-

"Did you join the track team at your school in North Carolina or something? You weren't this amazing at running, you beat me?!" Tyler exclaimed breathing heavily.

"Nope, trai- just running everyday." Isabella panted correcting herself before she nearly slipped. "You. Beat. Me. You're probably nearly as fast as Jay." He grumbled.

"Oh shut it you sore loser and what? Nearly as fast? pfftt I can probably beat him in my sleep." She scoffed. "Ok Jay's a touchy topic understood" he raised his arms in surrender.

"He isn't a topic for me to feel touchy about." She muttered. "No he's a person and your best friend that you feel touchy about." Tyler corrected himself and Isabella.

"Just drop it Ty, it's a broken friendship, he hates me." She seethed. "If it's broken then it can be fixed, but if you let it go down in flames then you'll be left with the ashes and that cannot be fixed." He reasoned. "And love a single fibre of his body could not hate you, not now, not in a million years."

The two of them walked in silence, nothing but the sound of their footsteps echoing through the subway could be heard. "Tyler, could you give me a ride?" Isabella asked as she nervously began playing with her necklace. "Yeah sure, where to?" He quizzed.

She closed her eyes tightly then looked at him "My house." Tyler's steps faltered at the sudden request "But your house is a 10 minute walk from Jay's?" He asked confused as to why she needed a ride there.

"I need to get some things." She answered, while Tyler nodded in understanding. "Zach told us." He said cautiously. "Really?" She sadly smiled. "You knew he would, didn't you?" He realised.