Chapter 2

I missed you.

Jay looked at the girl before him, she was dressed in black yoga pants, a white tank top, with her brown locks tied into a bun and still looked as beautiful as ever. The girl standing with wide eyes, the girl who was his best friend.

He stepped forward and reached out to touch Isabella's cheek with his palm before he retracted it quickly and scolded himself for being stupid 'she left without a goodbye, didn't turn back once, you hate her remember?' he thought. He took a step back as his eyes turned dark and cold.

"I missed you Jay" Isabella interrupted his thoughts. They both starred at each other before Isabella sighed and realised she would have to take the first step so she enveloped him into a tight embrace. Jay's body stiffened at the contact, until he slowly relaxed and wrapped his arms around Isabella, letting the breath he was unconsciously holding out.

"JAYDY!" Came a voice from the room next door. "Jaydy?" Isabella pulled back and asked with a raised eyebrow. She knew when they were younger he hated girls turning Jayden into Jaydy as if it were a cute nickname, ever since then he'd gone by the name Jay.

However Jay didn't respond to Isabella, and in came a tanned, brown eyed, gorgeous girl. She had a tight blue dress on that reached just above mid thigh showing her perfect legs off, her makeup slightly caked and black heels. She eyed Jay and Isabella suspiciously as they both still had their arms around each other. Jay and Isabella pulled apart and both coughed to fill in the awkward silence.

"Who's this?" Serena asks narrowing her eyes. Jay ran his hand down his face exasperated then spoke in a monotone voice "No one Serena, no one."

Isabella was hurt by Jay's words but none the less gave a little wave and looked at Serena with a real smile "Hey, it's Isabella." Serena raised her eyebrow "I'm Serena. So you're Isabella? The girl everyone's talking about hmm, so why are you back?" She replied indifferently and bitterly.

But Isabella tried not to acknowledge her tone and replied just as sweetly "I don't think it's really any of your business as to why I've come back to my home town, is it?" Making Serena scoff.

Isabella saw that Jay's eyes had softened a little at the sight of Serena and felt a smile tug at her lips 'maybe she does make him happy' she thought, but couldn't help but feel a turmoil of emotions rush through her at the sight of him. "But I've had a long day I'm gonna go back to bed, night Jay I'll see you in the morning?"

Jay stood still with any signs of previous emotions gone. Isabella sighed and turned around to walk up the stairs but stopped and looked back at Serena. "Oh Serena, don't mess with Jay's heart and leave him or you better watch your back." Serena just laughed. "You mean leave him like you did? Some best friend you were."

Isabella could feel her heart wrench and temper rising, leaving Stratford was one of the most hardest things she had to face in her life, and using her past against her was her weak point that did not need to be pointed out "I didn't want to.." Isabella whispered through clenched teeth so quietly that you would have barely heard her.

"Serena!" Jay warned with cold eyes, Serena was shocked to the least by Jay's outburst.

"Listen here miss prestige I don't know who you think are but you don't know anything about me or what I've been through so you have no right to judge me!" With that Isabella disappeared up the stairs leaving Jay and Serena in a heated glare off.

In a matter of minutes Jay and Serena had dropped the argument and realised how immature they were acting but deep inside Jay knew it was because no matter what Serena was like he would eventually forgive her, over the year that they had been together he had tend to grow a soft spot her. Sure they argued but they were petty fights, and he trusted her. More than he should have.