Chapter 1.1

"Ron, there's something I need to tell you." Harry took a deep breath. "That we need to tell you."

Harry had invited him over for dinner and all members of what the Daily Prophet had taken to calling the 'Golden Trio' were now standing awkwardly in the living room of Grimmauld Place.

There was a tension in the air, so thick that Ron thought even a slight movement would break it.

His two best friends shared a look with each other and then turned to Ron with grave expressions on their faces.

Harry finally spoke: "Hermione and I—"

"Are getting married," Ron interrupted.

Harry froze.

"How... did you know?" He scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. "I haven't told anyone yet. Hell, even I didn't know we were going to be married until yesterday."

Ron rolled his eyes and pulled out the binder he had hidden in his jacket. "Sit down, I've had the whole thing planned for years."

Hermione eyed him suspiciously and followed him to the couch. Harry remained standing, still looking a little dazed until his bride-to-be slammed the binder on the dining table and started shouting.

"Ron, I am not wearing Chudley Cannons Orange on my wedding day!"

"Why not?" he replied, annoyed already. "It's a bright color and it represents happiness!"

"Don't be ridiculous," Hermione spluttered. "And this wedding banquet menu. I've never heard of half of these dishes—"

"That's because, for once in your life, you aren't the expert here. I am." He tried not to sound smug, but it was considerably hard when he saw her pause in mid tirade, one finger still up in the air as if she couldn't believe what he had just said.

"I even asked my Great Aunt Muriel to look it over before finalizing the details. Now that's what I call a noble sacrifice! You should be thanking me, these dishes are a must for traditional wizard weddings and you've got to try that flavour of treacle tart—"

Hermione's eyes grew wider and wider throughout his explanation and she finally exploded.

"Oh, for goodness sake Ron! Harry only asked me to marry him yesterday. How on earth do you have all of this planned out?"