VI.

COACH BOMBAY DROVE THE WHOLE TEAM TO A HOCKEY STORE

COACH BOMBAY DROVE THE WHOLE TEAM TO A HOCKEY STORE. He had managed to bag a lot of money for equipment, also getting time to practice on an indoor rink.

As soon as the team walked through the door, they started touching everything they saw. Y/n stopped to look around at her friends. She could see people punching each other with gloves, and even Goldberg trying to put gear on.

She spotted Charlie and slowly jogged up to him.

"Hey Charlie!" She exclaimed happily, with a smile. "See any sticks you like?"

"Well these sticks look pretty nice," He smiled at her, as he turned back to the stick arrangement. He tried to grab one, but it resulted in all of the hockey sticks falling on the ground.

Y/n stifled back a laugh, holding her hand to her face. She slowly backed away from the scene as she watched Charlie act like he meant to do it. Y/n started to run to the other side of the store, leaving him with the mess.

"Hey! Y/n come back, I don't wanna clean this by myself!" He tried to yell after her, but she was already looking at more gear.

Everyone walked around more, with Goldberg finally being able to put on his gear. Y/n clapped for him, as he gave her an annoyed look.

She walked towards the other side again, looking at helmets. Y/n looked up to see someone helping Charlie get a stick.

"Who is that kid?" She heard Coach Bombay ask from behind her, frightening her in the process.

"That's Fulton Reed. He's in one of my classes," she raised her eyebrows at the man, as Jesse walked up to them both.

"How come he's not on the team?" Coach asked curiously.

Jesse replied, "He only plays football. Some preppie school gave him a scholarship as long as he doesn't play hockey. They don't want him gettin' hurt."

"I heard it was colleges," Y/n shrugged in response. "He's already been accepted to four of 'em."

Guy turned around, now looking towards the trio. "Yeah, but I heard he's gotta repeat the sixth grade."

"Ah, shut up," Jesse smacked Guy on the shoulder as the pair walked away.

By the end of their shopping spree, the total amount spent on equipment was a whopping seven thousand dollars.

⋅︓︒︑∘∗✧∘︑︒⚬∙︓⋅⠄✯∘⠄✧⠄

The team was now at a local rink, scouting for new members. Y/n watched as figure skaters moved flawlessly along the ice.

"Holy cow!" Peter exclaimed. "They're pretty good skaters."

"Anyone know who they are?" Coach Bombay asked the group of kids, pointing to two people in particular.

"That's Tommy Duncan. He's in my science class," Terry replied, with a smirk appearing on his face. "And that's his sister, Tammy."

Coach chuckled before asking, "Think they'd want to play hockey with us?"