Part 19

Ryunin was curious to know what the paper had written in it. She didn't want Lia to be offended so she thought she would tell her that she found it while cleaning her room. She carefully un-scrunched the paper, trying hard not to rip it. It was a letter and Ryujin could understand it was Lia's handwriting. The letter read:

For Lia, from Lia.

I don't know why I resent life. I don't know why I resent myself. I don't know why I go to sleep crying. I don't know why I'm not doing something better. I don't know why I'm failing. The only good thing that has ever happened to me is Shin Ryujin. Shin Ryujin is the only person that has ever loved me because of me. She's seen me cry, be stupid and be myself. I thank life everyday for giving me someone like her. I love her with all my heart. But I can't seem to love myself. Why don't I just die? Who would it affect? Ryujin deserves a better partner. Yeji, Yuna deserve a better friend. Mom deserves a better daughter. I'm just a burden. I don't want to drag the ones I love down. I have this empty void in me that only loving myself will fill. I can't do it. I want to ask Ryujin for help but I'm scared. I know she'd always support me but I'm scared. What if she thinks I'm weak. What if she rethinks of being my girlfriend. This letter is stupid and worthless, just like me. Maybe I should go, I anyway have a date night with my Ryu tonight. I want to tell her how much I love her but I can't. Maybe, one day.

Bye Lia.

Ryujin had uncontrollable tears. She couldn't believe what she just read. She sat on the floor crying her heart out. She didn't know Lia suffered so much. What hurt her more was that most of Lia's problems was becuase of her. She knew she needed to call Lia. Tell her everything she needed to tell her. Telling her it's not too late.

"Hi Ryu, what's up?"
"Lia, please never go. We need you.... I need you. Always stay here, even when times feel terrible, please stay here with me."
"Ryujin, I'm confused." She didn't understand how Ryujin found about her secret feelings.
"Just say that'll you'll never go!"
"Ryujin, I'll never go." She heard Ryujin, cry loud and started crying too.
"I love you Lia. I will love you as long as I'm breathing. I'll never stop breathing."
"Ryu- I love you t-"

There was a crash sound.

"Lia? Lia! LIA! HELLO LIA! WHAT HAPPENED. WAIT LIA!"

There was a car accident. Lia and the taxi driver got hit by another car that took a wrong turn at the wrong time.

Police and ambulance gathered quickly, taking the bleeding people to the hospital ASAP.

Ryujin got to the hospital ASAP.

She couldn't believe what she witnessed.

"Please Lia. Don't go, don't go, don't go. I can't live without you. You still have a whole life to experience. Experience it with me. Please Lia. Please, please don't go. Please come back alright." She prayed as Lia was undergoing surgery.

She spent the whole night in pain and restlessness. Of course she couldn't sleep. She was just waiting for Lia.