-Tainted-

Chan had lost his brother and his best friend in the same week. He always had a paternal instinct when it came to Jisung and the thought of Jinyoung having him under his hold filled him with a sense of dread. He had never felt so powerless, usually, he could keep his emotions in check but this past week had been like an emotional rollercoaster. Unexplained bursts of anger when things weren't going right or silent tears that would occasionally fall from the corners of his eyes. Felix had been helpful, giving comforting advice when needed and cheering him up with his famous brownies. Surprisingly Changbin had also been comforting, he had taken over as an understudy for levanter which was chans job but he was in no state to help out. "Hey..." someone said. Chan turned to see Hyunjin standing in the doorframe. "I wanted to see how you were doing? I know things have been awkward between us since the Jisung situation-" he said but was interrupted by chan suddenly hugging him. Hyunjin was taken by surprise but he didn't hesitate in wrapping his arms around his friend. "He's sorry for what he did, I know a sorry doesn't fix things but he's changed I promise you," chan said, slightly muffled by Hyunjins shirt. The thought of Jisung saying sorry almost made Hyunjin laugh but then he thought about it, was there any need for a silly feud between them? Sure, he still didn't trust Jisung but they could put everything aside and become, well maybe not friends but if they were going to have to work together then they might as well put it in the past. "We'll get them back chan, I know that's been on your mind recently but we'll get them back," he said. Chan said nothing but removed himself from Hyunjins embrace and gave him an appreciative nod.

Without either of them realising, Seungmin had crept up behind them and had been stood there for whoever knows how long. Hyunjin almost had a heart attack when he turned around and came face to face with Seungmins puppy eyes. "Minho needs everyone downstairs, it's almost time," he said. Chan nodded, unfazed by seungmins random appearance. He excused himself and went downstairs to meet Minho whilst Hyunjin stared at Seungmin. "You know I never got to thank you for helping me out that night," he said breaking the silence. He was referring to the night when he came back from his bloody fight with Jisung. "You didn't need to thank me, we're a family even if you make the wrong decisions I'll always be here" Seungmin replied with a smile. He made a nodding motion towards the door, indicating that they had to go. They walked downstairs side by side, Felix meeting them halfway and walking with them. Everyone has gathered in the foyer again, some held guns some held nothing. Bangtan we're there, Namjoon and Jin talking to Minho and Chan. Got7 we're awkwardly standing near the edge of the room, tensions had been high since they entered the mix but they were supposedly trustworthy. Ateez we're talking with some of the bangtan members, Jeongin and Changbin amongst them, they looked happy considering the circumstances. "Can I have your attention everyone?" Minho called out. Immediately all eyes went on him and silence descended upon them.

"I want to start by saying thank you, for doing this. I know we've had our differences but it means a lot that you are all here to help me and my team today" he was doing one of those motivational speeches that were awkward but it needed to be said. He couldn't explain in words how much it meant that they were on his side, growing up he didn't have many friends due to his dad being a literal mafia boss, but looking around now he knew he wasn't alone. He 'almost' felt complete, he was just missing one thing. And he was about to go and get it back. "Let's finish this"

———————————————————————————
Jisung was still sitting in the office, it had been a few hours and he was tired. But he couldn't close his eyes, he was too scared to go to sleep in case somebody came for him. Jinyoung didn't come back, his words must have got to him, that was the first time he had ever talked back to his boss and it would probably be his last. Security guys were patrolling the outside of the room with guns, Jisung could hear them as they repeatedly walked back and forth. Judging by the sound of their feet he guessed that there were two of them, he needed to get out of there. He scanned the room looking for anything that would get him out of the room or the chair, there was nothing that resembled a weapon but there were a few glass vases. A random and desperate thought tan through his head, if he could smash one of the vases then he could use the glass to break free of the ropes. It didn't sound like a solid plan, there were many negatives of this idea one being that the vase was on the other side of the room. Another was that the guards were going to hear him and the glass might not even be able to cut through the ropes anyway.