iii - let the fun begin

chapter three,    let the fun begin

e v e l y n

THE KNIGHTS OF WALPURGIS— Evelyn rolled her eyes, swinging her leg, moving her polished black heels in the dimmed room, her back straight and confident as her lips were puckered in boredom.

Those followers that were called with the most pathetic name, were boring her, they were the definition of bland. All they were talking was about the gossip between the other pureblooded families— oh no, her husband slept with another woman... Oh no, the wife of the cheating husband is fucking another man too.

Yet, what intrigued her the most was the fact that every single of them knew that Tom Riddle was a cruel man. Most of them feared him as much as they respected him and it made her wonder— was blood purity such an important thing for these people? Will they blindly trust Tom until their own destruction?

"What about you, Evelyn? Aren't you excited about the upcoming reformation?" A woman suddenly sat beside her and Evelyn let out a huff, she wanted to get out of here and have some fun with someone.

"Very excited," Evelyn replied, her voice laced with fake happiness as she turned her eyes to the woman beside her and pushed down the laughter in her throat.

     From the accent, she could decipher the woman was French, but from her appearance, she knew she didn't care about the reformation at all. Her dress was tight, a corset laced around her waist making her breasts almost pop out from her cleavage— this woman wanted to seduce the one that was starting the reformation. Nevertheless, Evelyn had to admit that this woman had very nice breasts.

     "Have you heard? Lord Voldemort wants to mark us all, that would make us all really seem like a group, no?" The woman chattered and Evelyn slightly raised her eyebrows. It wasn't for marking them to make them look like a goody-good team, Tom Riddle wanted to track them. He was wise on this one, but there is no way Evelyn will get that mark on her skin.

"You seem very excited to be in this group, I am delighted," Evelyn softly replied, batting her eyelids as she smiled widely at the woman, who was sitting with anticipation for Tom Riddle to walk in.

And so he did. Tall and confident as always, always dressed in a different suit, there was Tom Riddle and beside him was Malfoy and Nott. Only then did Evelyn really notice how pale Tom Riddle look compared to the fair-skinned and bleach blonde Malfoy. Something was up and Evelyn wanted to know what was going on.

As soon as Tom stepped in, the woman beside her straightened her back and slightly shook her head so her long curls would fall nicely on her shoulders. Evelyn took the moment and barged into the woman's mind, to find out if she knew something about Tom Riddle.