Running away

Hey guys! I'm in quarantine so I can write a lot :) I'm so excited for the next few chapters. I know you guys are gonna love this one. Thank you so much for all the love and support <3 I love you guys. This chapter is kind of dramatic and cliché but its cute. See you at the end :)-M-))

TW: slight ED

Jake and Junior climb down the treehouse ladder and start running towards Jake's house. They ran through the forest, onto the trail, and out to Devon and Junior's neighborhood. They crossed the street and took a short trail that lead to Jake's neighborhood. They made it to Jake's house, gasping for air. Junior checked his phone for the time, it was around 4:30 so they still had a hour and a half before Lucas got home. Jake grabbed his key from his pocket and unlocked the front door. He ran up the stairs, Junior following him, they went into Jake's room. Jake grabbed a suitcase from his closet and placed it on the floor, Junior unzipped it while Jake grabbed a ton of his clothes. He threw them all on the floor while Junior folded them and put them in the suitcase. There was a knock on the wall, causing Jake to turn his head to the door. Devon.

"Hey, what's going on?" Jake's heart skips a beat. Does he not know about the party?

"I'm running away.." Devon's face immediately goes from calm to worried

"What? Where are you going? Why?" Devon asks questions but Jake doesn't answer any of them.

"Devon. We made out at the party" Devon looked confused

"What?"

"We both got wasted and made out at Oliver's party, everyone recorded it. Here, I'll show you" Junior looked over at Jake but decided to keep packing Jake's stuff for him. Jake showed Devon the video, he looked horrified. Devon just turned around and ran out of the house.

"Devon? Come back!" Jake ran over to the door and stopped, he turned to Junior. "Can you keep packing? Sorry"

"Of course, get your man" Jake laughed and ran down the stairs, following Devon. Devon was pretty far ahead, he tripped over a rock and fell to the pavement. Jake ran up to him.

"Devon! Are you okay?" Devon was crying, he didn't get up, just sat there hopelessly.

"Sorry for taking advantage of you Jake, I'm such a horrible person" Devon sobbed into his hands. Jake crouched down in front of Devon.

"Hey hey what are you talking about? You didn't take advantage of me, to be honest it was the other way around but it doesn't matter, we were both drunk. It didn't mean anything." Devon gave up on keeping the secret any longer.

"Exactly! It hurts because it didn't mean anything." Jake felt his heart wrench. He tilted his head.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm trying to say that I like you Jake! I have for a while but I knew you didn't feel the same and you don't even like boys I just feel this overwhelming rush every time I'm near you and it's driving me nuts." Devon rambled. Jake's eyes widened and his face turned red.

"Devon-"

"No, I understand Jake there's no need to apologize"

"Devon please listen to me" Devon took a deep breath and looked up at Jake, his eyes were glossy and full of hope. "I don't know how I feel, I've never felt this way about a boy, or really anyone. I just need time to think- I have a lot on my plate right now and I just need time. I'm so sorry." Devon feels his heart break a little. He just nods and stands up, Jake did the same. Devon gives Jake a weak smile.

"It's alright Jake, I understand. Just let me know when you have an answer, I'll see you around" Devon turns the other way and starts walking home. Jake just watches him leave, he wanted to say something but nothing would come out. Jake turns around and walks back to his house. He opens the door, shutting it behind him. He walks up the stairs and walks into his room. Junior had all his clothes packed, he zipped the suitcase shut and looked up at Jake.