Two- Home

Pip stood in the airport terminal.  She pulled at her sweater and looked at her phone.

He's here, isn't he? She silently worried.

She checked her phone again, reading and re-reading Ravi's text.

See you at the airport.

Pip had come back to Fairview for the holiday break, but mostly to see Ravi again. She walked to the baggage claim, maybe Ravi was over there.

She waited for her bag to come on the belt, tapping her foot against the linoleum flooring. DT DT DT. She stopped tapping her foot. Her blue suitcase came around on the belt and she pulled it off. She clicked the handle to extend it and dragged her suitcase to the exit, disappointed that she hadn't seen Ravi.

But as she exited the rotating doors, she found him. Curly black hair, glasses, and that bright smile she loved so much. Pip almost dropped her suitcase all together and ran to him but he got to her first.

"Hi Sarge!" He grinned, lifting her off the found in an embrace.

Pip giggled, "Hi Ravi!"

He finally set her back on her feet and intertwined his fingers with hers.  Pip didn't realize how much she missed the feeling.

Ravi led her to his car, babbling about law school and how much he missed her. His excitement when she replied to his text. Pip could listen to him talk all day.

"So, how was your first semester? Top student?" He asked.

Pip smiled and tip toed to kiss his cheek, "yup."

Ravi smirked and unlocked his car. He opened the trunk and put Pip's suitcase inside. Pip rounded to the front of the car and got into the passenger side, Ravi joined her a few moments later. He turned on the car and pulled out of the parking garage.

Pip looked outside at the Fairview scenery, she missed most of it. Except for that farm house where Andie was kept, and the building where she had been taken hostage. She shuddered at the thought, which Ravi immediately noticed.

He took a hand on the steering wheel and intertwined his fingers with Pip's.

"You're okay, nobody knows." He tried to comfort.

Pip turned to face him, "I know. I just haven't seen it in real life for so long, I wanted to forget about it."

Ravi sucked in a breath, "crap, probably should've thought of that. How are you doing? Dealing with it, I mean."

Pip pulled at a loose threat in her green sweater, "I still think about it, mostly at night. My roommates haven't said anything so it can't be too bad."

Ravi snickers, "you have roommates?"

Pip is thankful for the switch in subject, "yeah. They're all fine, I guess." She smiles to herself.

She didn't realize how close she is to her house until she heard her little brother, Josh, shouting her old nickname.

"Pippo Hippo! You're back!" He cried out.

Ravi pulled into Pip's driveway and she slid out of the car. Josh wrapped his arms around her torso in a hug, Pip noted that he had gotten taller.

"Hi Josh!" She said, ruffling his hair.

Josh let go of her and bounced back to his parents as they walked closer.

"Welcome back, Pickle." Her dad said.

He held her in a hug as well. Her mom was last but still, she was the sweetest.

"Hi, sweetie." She said, also hugging Pip.

Pip took in her family. She had missed them all so much, she was grateful to be home.