Chapter 4 - Forget It

Start from the beginning

"Oh yeah, right." I told her as I took another shot of tonic.

I saw Sarah roll her eyes before she snatched away my drink. "I'll spare the mockery tonight but don't expect me to be this understanding and nice tomorrow. Now go home before I change my mind and hear what I have to say."

"And I'm out for words. Who are you and what have you done to Sarah Vardi?"

"Really now, Zach? I can do sarcasm even in my sleep, you know that. And I want you sober, not this." She made a flicking gesture at me with disgust on her face. "And if you're really that worried, Nate is still here. I'll ask him to drop me off."

I breathed out and submitted myself in defeat. She's right. It's been a long exhausting night and a lot had happened. Staying here would do me no good. I would probably just sit here and drink the rest of the liquor in this bar.

My mind would probably be repeating that same scene all over again.

Her words. Her shouts. Her hatred. Even the kiss.

"So what are you still doing here?" Sarah snapped me out of my reverie again.

"Fine." I resigned.

"Good." She said. She walked to me and gave me a hug. "Make sure to answer my call tomorrow." She ordered.

I let go and walked away... with only one girl in my mind.

* * * * * *

I woke up with a splitting headache and a loud ring coming from my phone. I reached out and groggily answered it.

And of course, as usual and as always, the shrilling voice of Sarah Vardi made my head ache even more.

"I'd been calling you for hours! Where are you?"

And she's being true to her words when she said that she wouldn't be nice in the morning.

"I'm trying to get the rest you've been telling me last night." I lamely replied.

I was still sleepy. I'd been up all night busy contemplating the things that happened at that party.

Where the hell is Nate when you need him and his coming-into-senses words?

"Rest is over. Get up and come over to Chloe's." She said.

"Pass. I'm not in the mood."

"Who said I'm asking? I'm actually telling you to go." She laughed. And then something or should I say someone's voice at the background made my close eyes open in an instant. All the headache was suddenly thrown out the window.

"Why are you there?" I suddenly asked. I sat up and listened more intently at the background.

"Why shouldn't I be here, huh, Zach?" She might have sensed the uneasiness in my voice. "So, what do you say Zachy? Are you coming or are you coming?" I could tell that she was smirking at me now.

I shrugged and tried my best to act as if it didn't affect me. "If you insist."

I didn't wait for her reply, and I already hang up the phone.

* * * * *

On my way to Chloe's place, I tried to contact Nathan. But it was useless. He didn't pick up any of my calls. Where the hell is this guy anyway?

I arrived at Chloe's place in no time. The first thing that I would do is to search for that someone's voice and confirm her presence in this place.

What happened last night? Why is she here? Is she okay or what?

I came in with a cool façade and Sarah was the first one who greeted me.