ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢 ☽

Start from the beginning

As soon as Laurie was out of sight, he audibly scoffed. Pulling the door open to his silver Audi, tossing the briefcase into the passenger seat, shoving the keys into the ignition, and hearing the engine roar to life. He sat in his driveway for a moment, his thoughts bouncing around his brain while he weighed his options. He could go to work, see pictures of his happy family on the walls, plaster on a fake smile and read over cases like he didn't have to bury his son the next day, or he could call Addison, see if he could come over to vent. Was it right to go to his wife's sister to let out his frustrations about his wife? Probably not, actually is was probably very inappropriate, but his instinct betrayed his thoughts, her voice echoing through the Bluetooth speakers of his car. "Hello?" She asked, her voice obviously filled with sleep. Shit, when did he press call? "Hey, you busy?" Andy asked, mentally cursing to himself. "No, you okay?" Addison asked, her voice laced with concern. "Can I come by to chat, I can bring coffee." Andy offered, a silently plead to get her to say yes. "Add donuts on and you got yourself a deal." Addison teased, earning a small chuckle from Andy. "I'll be there in 15." Andy replied, shoving the gear shift into drive and heading off.

Laurie shamelessly dialed Tommy's number, holding the phone up to her ear as she paced around the house. "Hi baby." Tommy answered, the squeak of his desk chair echoing in the phone. "I miss you, I told him I was out of town this weekend." Laurie smiled, even if Tommy couldn't see it, he could hear it in the tone of her voice. "Good girl, I think Addison is going out on the town on Saturday evening, we'll have the house to ourselves, what do you think?" Tommy smirked, running his palm down his thigh gently, the excitement of this weekend flooding every other emotion he could have. "I can't wait, think she'll be out all night so I can wake up to your handsome face?" Laurie smiled, sitting down on the couch, tucking her feet under her body. "I'll do my best to make sure she stays out baby, I love you." Tommy chuckled, hushing his voice as coworkers walked by, a threat to their plan. "I love you too, I'll see you tomorrow at the funeral right?" Laurie asked, chewing on the skin that surrounded her thumb. "Of course baby, I gotta go though, call you later." Tommy smiled, hearing Laurie say goodbye and end the line. Oh god, was this getting hard.

Andy was sitting on a barstool at Addison and Tommy's house, coffee in front of him as he watched Addison lean on her elbows, listening to every word he had said. He couldn't even remember the last time someone had actually listened to what he was saying and cared. "Andy, everyone grieves differently, this might be her way of grieving." Addison spoke gently, rounding the counter so she could sit down beside him, his hand going to his head as he pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to stop tears that were threatening to spill down his cheeks. "How could she refer to this entire situation as hectic, our son is dead! Why are you and I the only one's who feel the pain?" Andy asked, a choked sob leaving his lips as Addison quickly reached over, her hand catching his forehead before it hit the marble counter. "Andy, she's probably going through a lot right now as well, hey look at me." She whispered, standing up so she was between his legs, her hands on either side of his face, offering a small smile. "Everyone grieves differently, just because we see it as a bad way to grieve doesn't mean it is." Addison spoke gently, seeing his crystal blue eyes lock on hers.

In an instant, his hands were on her waist, pulling her against him, their lips catching in a lustful and passionate kiss. The shirt she was wearing bunching at his grip on her hips, her hands on his shoulders while their lips moved together in perfect unison. Addison pulled away quickly, stumbling back while Andy looked at her mortified. "I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me, that should've never happened!" Andy spoke, quickly standing up while Addison looked on, her heart clamoring against her ribs. "Andy wait!" Addison called, seeing him stop just shy of her front door. "We never speak of that, one kiss right, it just happened, you're not thinking straight." Addison compromised, seeing him drop his head. "No, the problem is that I was thinking straight." Andy stated, quickly walking out the front door, the heavy door slamming making Addison stand in the hallway, jumping at the noise.

Addison stood in the hallway stunned, goosebumps lining her flesh at the memories of his lips on hers, something that only just occurred, but also felt like a lifetime ago. Andy was gentle with her, his hands were carefully placed, it wasn't a rushed kiss, it was pure emotion that had been put off for years, which only made the kiss that much more terrifying. Now that she knew there were unspoken feelings between the two of them, everything just changed. She couldn't trust herself to be in a room alone with him, and he couldn't trust himself to be in a room with her. The loud crash of thunder brought Addison out of her trance as rain started to pound against the skylight, a sigh leaving her lips as she moved to clean up the kitchen. She was right about the town knowing her emotions, creating a forecast that now matched her confused mood.

The rain pounded down on Andy's Audi, momentarily blurring the road before the windshield wipers pushed the water off the the windshield. "What the hell did I just do?" Andy muttered to himself, his fist colliding with the top of his steering wheel out of pure aggravation. How he could've been so stupid to put his marriage on the line and kiss another woman, especially when that other woman happened to be his wife's sister. And what made it all worse, was that Addison didn't pull away, no she responded to his advance, which meant she felt something for him as well. Knowing that information, what was he supposed to do? Live the rest of his life ignoring the shared emotions between him and Addison? Or give up the life he built with Laurie to chase who he really wanted. Either way this was a lose lose situation for everyone.

Little to their knowledge, they were the two that were gonna get hit with heartbreak. Even with their shared emotions, they both loved their significant others greatly. Which is why both of them decided alone that they would never speak of the kiss ever again, just ignore it and focus on the lives that had both built with their spouses. Sometimes you had to lose everything to fall together though, and you never know what the future holds. 

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───