I also did everything she did before pulling my chair closer to her.

               “Ryujin and I went on a date yesterday, remember?”

               “Now that you mention it.” She leaned her body forward in intrigue. “What happened?”

               “I don’t think it’s necessary to tell you everything,” I uttered, abashed as I thought of the happenings in the ramen shop. “But there’s one thing you must know.”

               “And that is?”

               “She kissed me.”

               Her jaw dropped open.

               “She did what now?!”

               “She kissed me...” I trailed off to keep her on the edge of her seat. “On my cheek.”

               The expression on her face changed from bewildered to indifferent.

               “Oh, on your cheek.” She nodded continuously, the interest she had earlier was nowhere to be seen. “I see.”

               Now, why do I feel as if something like this had already happened before...

               “What’s with the uninterested response?” I pried, eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

               “A kiss on the cheek is not really it, girl.” She sighed, shaking her head in feigned disappointment. “It could just be a friendly kiss for all we know.”

               I blinked.

               The possibility began to dawn on me.

               “But you don’t do that to me...”

               “That’s because I’m not the type to do that.” She rolled her eyes. “Though Ryujin is my cousin, I’m not sure whether or not she is the type.”

               I lost all the energy that I had earlier all of a sudden.

               “Is that so...”

               “What I said is only a probability, but still, don’t get your hopes up.”

               She was right.

               I got too ahead of myself.

               I’d been thought not to assume things unless stated loud and clear.

               These days, I keep on doing something I normally wouldn’t do.

               What’s wrong with me really...

               “I’ll keep that in mind, Ri.” I smiled at her. “Thank you.”

               “It’s nothing.” She waved her hand. “I’m curious about something though. Did you tell Minjeong about the date you had with her sister?”

               I stilled myself.

               Memories of what happened before Ryujin sent me home came rushing into my mind.

               What she said.

               Her smile...

               Well, it wasn’t like I had forgotten.