Chapter.1

Well Another day on the job for another dollar" and today I'm starting it off scrubbing the toilets in the men's room then taking out the trash afterwards. My friend Eddy been working at this diner for a year and i just started three months ago, it sucks but pays the bills I guess you can say,

Eddy- Aye, Ronnie when you done with the trash you can clock out l got it from here.

I been here since seven this morning now its three pm time to go. I give him a high five and tell him to take it easy as i pick up my check at the counter. I tear open the envelope to see what I got and to my disappointment I see it's not enough to make the payments on the cable I got past due and my rent is coming up soon. When I get to my car I see a black card held down under my wiper I glance at it before getting in and heading home. I drive pleasantly upset but calm as I pass thru the run down streets of southside chicago abounded house here drug dealers there just a place of misery and much needed upkeep. When I get to my apartment building I take the elevator and too my surprise I see my neighbor Bert walking down the hallway dressed in new clothes and jewelry.

Bert- Aye Ron" we did it! We won!

Ronnie- Hey Bert, I see playing the lottery really paid off.

Bert- More then you know me and Connie are taking off to Vegas fuck this hell hole,

Ronnie- True that

Bert- I'll see you Ron.

I pick up the junk mail at my door nothing but bills bills and more bills nothing. Throw them aside and fall into my couch, I sit in misery and exhaustion looking up at the ceiling as the fan spins then dig in my pocket and pull out the black business card I found, it reads nothing But a big Red circled E on the front of it. When I flip it over I see an address and a small message reading: What Are Your Desires?

Sounds like a strip club to me so I look up the address on my phone, but find nothing but a location and the business hours being 24/7" making this place more odd but still no number. I go take a shower and get relaxed then make a turkey sandwich and turn on the tv. As I munch down on my evening meal I get a knock on the door" I get on my feet and pace to the peephole and see it's my close neighbor Allen, I open the door and see him well dressed and excited to see me with a high five and a fist bump.

Allen- Dude quit your job and kiss all this shit goodbye.

He pulls out the same black card I had on my car.

Allen- Bang! Check this place out I dont know how he does it but the dude is legit, I got a new car a house and I'm getting ass,

Ronnie- Really? Dude I got that same card.

Allen- Really? Then dude what u waiting on? Go downtown and check it out you'll love it, hell better then that sandwich you eating. But anyway wanna smoke one?

Ronnie- Ah not this time man I'm burned out,

Allen- Damn, but it's cool bro but anyway man just check it out, it's off the chain it's better then cleaning toilets" I promise you.

Ronnie- Alright will do Al.

I close the door then sitback in my couch" The tv plays commercials as I stare at it into a slumber. I start dreaming seeing myself in a mansion with nice Ferrari and a few blondes walking around in bikinis drinks food and the good life flourishing all around me one of the blondes offer me a drink, one two others rub my shoulders. It felt so heavenly. My alarm goes off and it's 8 a.m. I hop up and get ready for work, as I hit the door I see the black card on the table and take it as I rush out the door. I look at the address on The back as I drive to work and think hard about it...think harder...and again " fuck it why not. I make a left and go to the address and head downtown, on my way there I see men and women dressed in suits talking on phones carrying briefcases, ya know the white collar type. The address leads me to a corporate building coated in black windows reaching above the skyline. I get out and head inside where I find myself standing in the main lobby on black marble with a giant Red E in the middle surrounded by pearl white walls greek style pillars and crystal chandeliers. I approach a pale woman standing behind the counter made of shiny hardwood.

Ronnie- excuse me I got this card and...

She points me to an elevator without saying a word and I follow her finger to it where I see only one button and press it, looking back over my shoulder I see her staring me down with black colorless eyes and dead pale skin. I walk in the doors of the elevator standing on red carpet" inside I see two buttons one to the lobby and another that takes u to the suit I press the button to the suit but in that second another pair of doors open behind me without moving, I'm already on the top floor. A man with long black hair dressed in a black tux and dark red tie stands looking out one of the giant windows overlooking the city below then turns to me again he also has pale skin but in healthier shape.

Man- Hello Mr. Thomas, I'm Luchion and I see you got my calling card.

Ronnie- How you know my name, Allen?

Luchion-Oh no, your friend is beyond me, but knowing your name and who you are isn't why your here though is it?

Ronnie- I don't know why I'm here how about you enlighten me.

Luchion- I know you want better, i know you want more, and I know you want it, right now. So I'm going to ask a question" what would you say if I said I could give you by any means whatever you desire and I mean ANYTHING, with just a simple wish?

Ronnie- I'd say your wasting my time.

He looks into my eyes with deep dark smirk then turns to his desk leaning back as he speaks calm and seductively with his fingers locked.

Luchion- hm so oh so many have doubted so your not the first and you won't be the last so I'll make a deal with you, I'll give your first wish free of charge and let you have three more to bargain with when needed how does that sound?

Ronnie- Your serious huh pal?

Luchion- Just this once mr. Thomas speak your true desire.
The more he spoke the more I'm getting intrigued to test the water so I give it a go and play along with this game.

Ronnie- make me a millionaire.

Luchion- Ah, money the true power, of man and the weakness of the poor
He holds up his left hand and says with the snap of his fingers.

Luchion- Consider it...Done"