Chapter Seven: Part One

Picture is of Daemon (face only). 

______________________________________

Connected

"In fairy tales, there is always a Prince Charming and a Bad Guy. In real life, Prince Charming is the Bad Guy."

                                        -quoteslife101.net

"Good evening, my lady!" Ivy chirped followed by the click of a door shutting.

My eyes fluttered open as I slowly unwound my body, stretching my limbs while revelling at the feel of the plush mattress below me. Wait a second, didn't I fall asleep on the floor? 

"Okay ladies, we have a lot to do and a limited amount of time in which to do so," Ivy stated, facing two other girls whom I had never seen before. "Meredith, start running the bath. Pull out the sweet pea oils and body washes, and make sure to use them modestly. Jade, hang the dress and go see Lilith about her shoes. I'm going to find an appropriate color pallete to use for her make up tonight, and then visit Ada in the kitchen to see if she can whip up something for Lady Rosaline to snack on before the ball."

The two girls nodded in understanding, both in the same servants attire as Ivy, and broke away from each other to go about their tasks. The blonde, Meredith, seemed to be a bit timid by the way she cast her gaze downward and scurried off to the bathroom when I caught her glancing my way. The other girl, Jade, didn't even seem to notice me as she was too focused on her work, quickly hanging and unzipping a white dress bag. When she finished, she headed over to the door, her light brown bun bouncing in time with her steps, and knocked three times on the door. She appeared to be saying something, and I strained my ears to hear her even though she was likely too far away.

Ivy popped up in front of me then. "Hey there! So are you ecited for tonight?" she asked, a look of general curiosity on her face. 

I shrugged, throwing back the layers of expensive silk and satin sheets, and planting my feet on the cool, hardwood floors. "I'm not really sure what tonight is, so I can't really give a definitive answer," I answered, watching as Ivy began to make the bed.

"You're joking!" Her eyes widened, mouth dropping open to form an 'o'. She seemed to have caught some sort of mistake she had made, and instantly looked embaressed by it, as she covered her mouth and shook her head. "I apologise, my lady. That was very rude of me. I just meant to say that it was your-" 

"Ivy!" Meredith hollered from the bathroom, cutting her off mid sentence. "Could you please come here a moment?"

Ivy sighed in exhaustion and looked to me. "I'm sorry, my lady. Please excuse me a moment," she said, and then dashed off toward Meredith. I watched her until she dissapeared behind the tall, white french doors and then began to meander throughout the room, admiring its monsterous size and beauty. 

A flash of pink caught my eye by the vanity, which was just outside the bathroom door, and I made my way hastily over to inspect the area. Tens of dozens of different types of make up, in all different shades and colors, were layed out on the small surface area before me, but with them in an elegant arrangement, were dozens of pink roses. They were placed in a clear glass pitcher, and the fragrent aroma that they were giving off was sweet, almost overwhelmingly so. 

"Ivy?" I called, eyes transfixed on the roses immaculete display. 

"Yes, my lady?" came her reply from the other room. I hesitated a moment, thinking that it may be better if I didn't know the answer I was seeking. In the end, my curiousity won out, though, and I went ahead anyway.