Chapter 5 ~ Dinner Talk

Zhan's P.O.V

"It's always work, work, work." Jen sighed. "I came to visit and you have a big anatomy and physiology book in front of you. Don't you get...bored?"

"No." And with that, she grabbed the book out of my hands. "Let's talk."

"About?" I asked curiously.

"About the bar guy... So cute and handsome, I didn't recall you telling me his name though."

"Yibo, Wang Yibo."

"Oh damn, even his name sounds handsome, I mean how do I get to talk to him." She sulked looking at me really unhappy.

"You know Mrs. Wang right?"

"Yes, Why?... Oh, that's his mom. I don't know what I would do without you." She hugged me and placed her head on my shoulder.

"Me neither." I chuckled at her statement.

"Come to think of it, how do you know so much?" She got up but before I could reply she put her head back and cut me off. "It doesn't matter."

"Was that how you felt about me?"

"No, not even near, didn't know what you did for me to like you. Shit happens." She shrugged and I laughed.

"Could be worse." Being head over heels for a stranger isn't a bad thing but it's kind of too much.

"Listen I know you're jealous Mr. Flowerboy but that's that. I am bored." She got up and went over to the television.

"What does that even mean?" I asked perplexed.

"I don't know you tell me, I have day offs and I literally have zero things to do." She pouted.

"Listen to me Jen, you see me with the big anatomy book and asking me for fun suggestions. I guess this world has gone wild." 

"I guess you are right, never again." She sat back down rubbing her hands on her chin.

"I have something that'll make you feel better, more than you think."

"Well, well, well are we going to the library? Cause you might as well take back your bum ass book." She frowned.

"I was invited over for dinner at Mrs. Wang's house." I prepared myself for the rowdy enthusiasm that was about to be birthed.

"You have the nerve to keep that away from me. Is he going to be there?" She leaned it.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"Yes?" I nodded and why didn't I think this through.

"Aaaahh!" She screamed in excitement then made a sudden pause. "I can't go dressing like this, pick me up at five."

Before I could utter a word she left. She left without asking when, the date and where good thing it was tonight. I took up my anatomy book which I was rudely interrupted while I was reading.

Third Person P.O.V

"Mom, why didn't you tell me earlier am I going to miss work tonight?"

"Listen, son, I've already cooked for you so make your way over." She said from the other side of the phone.

"But it's far mom, going to take me a good while to reach." He whined.

"My house is in one hand's length reach and what's the reason for the car?"

"Okay fine. Time?"

"Seven don't be late." Yibo hung up and flung himself on the couch.

He started to consider why all of a sudden mom wants them to have dinner. Was it a setup? Mom on the other hand cooked some remarkable cuisine some Yibo and Zhan liked, Most of the foods are fresh and homemade.

Zhan drives to Jen's house to pick her up and reached precisely five, he was waiting outside for half an hour before he decided to call her.

"Where are you?" He asked.

"I'm trying to look my best, can't go looking like trash." She said shuffling around the room.

"Well can you tell me how long I'll be waiting?" I asked but there was no reply. "Okay," Zhan sighed and hung up the phone. He stayed in the car for another half an hour when he heard the door closed and he was so relieved. She came in the car and she was gorgeous.

"Stop starting I'm not trying to impress you." She gave a sharp smile.

"Wow, but you actually look great. He's going to be head over heels for you."

"That would make two of us. By the way, do you have any lipgloss, I think the matte lips will look different with a little shine." She pull down the sun visor and looked in the mirror. "I think this will work, never mind." She proceeded to search her purse, he shook his head and drove off.

They arrived after Yibo who was on his phone and had nothing to do with the world. His mom opened the door and hugged them both and was really astonished satisfactorily. She loved the additional company and juicy details, she was just a mood.

"Come in, come in don't want the food to get cold do we?" She asked while escorting them both. "Have a seat." Zhan pulled out the chair for Jen.

Such a gentleman Mrs. Wang thought after seeing Zhan's action. After everyone gathered around the table. Mrs. Wang prayed and then they began to eat.

"So what's your name, young lady?" Mrs. Wang asked smiling at Jen.

"Wu Jen." She responded.

"Nice name, I'm Mrs. Wang Yibo's mom."

Yibo was busy on his device and eating so his mom took it up. She put it beside her and Yibo gave her the 'mom that's not fair' look but she didn't care. Then Yibo looked at Jen then Zhan.

"I'm Wang Yibo, nice to meet you." He said as if he was being disturbed.

"I'm Jen." Jen almost lost her composer, he was so damn handsome and cute she tried he best not to overdo it while Zhan on the other hand was eating.

"Okay now that we all have his attention, I wanted to know if you two were together?" Mrs. Wang intervened and fed her inquisitiveness.

"No we are just good friends," Zhan answered.

"What a shame was really rooting for you two," They all laughed except Yibo.

"Can you get me some ice?" Mrs. Wang asked Yibo and he went and at the same time, she told Jen to follow him in case he needed an extra pair of hands.

"Hey, uh I just... Wanted to say you're really...handsome." After those words, Jen felt instant regret slapped her in her face like a bitch needless to say Yibo looked at her for a moment before replying.

"Okay,"

"I like you," she said putting her hair behind her ears and looking down she was too embarrassed to look at him.

"Is it because of how I look?" He asked and she quickly look up and shook her head briskly and quickly said something.

"I just... I wanted to get to know you."

"Do you?" He asked and looked over to the table at Zhan.  She nodded and he just said okay.

She almost melted because he was just so gentle and he didn't act rude. She was all puzzled because around the table he seemed to not care about her presence but as soon as she talk to him. He was subtle.