Chapter 4 - Indirect Kisses

Third Person P.O.V.

"I know, tried to tell them it was a lion scratch but they wouldn't believe me." Mrs. Wang commented but Zhan didn't hear what she was saying but decided to reply.

"I think you're right."

"Mom, here's the coffee." He handed it to her and acted as if he didn't see Zhan it was one of those days which he was just frigid.

"Yibo I would like you to meet Zhan and Zhan I would like you to meet Yibo." She smiled happily handing Zhan the coffee.

"Hi," Zhan said in response and he bowed, Yibo on the other hand just bowed and when he's about to walk away she grabbed his wrist.

"You can't just go like that, you two are like sons to me. And the first time you're meeting him, you both need to get to know each other." She pointed at an empty bench. "Go sit and talk at least for a while." She suggested.

Out of her surprise, Yibo went. He wasn't a social butterfly but he wasn't a full-on introverted either. Zhan followed and went to the empty seat.

"Hey, we meet again." Zhan started the conversation but all he got was a nod. "Okay."

"Probably think I'm a narcissist right?" He asked looking up from his phone.

"Why would I? We just met that's the last thing I would say." Zhan took a sip of his coffee. "I'm still baffled about last night, why didn't I pay for anything?"

"If I were you, I would be grateful and forget about it. It's not like it's going to happen again." He shrugged.

"What's with the extra salt today, just feeding my curiosity. You are the owner I presume."

"Hmm," Yibo was a little bored so all this time he wasn't being mean he was just thinking of ways to, well kill it. He looked at Zhan's coffee and had a good idea to make him flustered.

"This is getting ridiculous." Zhan sighed.

"I agree," The second Zhan let go of his coffee Yibo took it up and held it close to his lips.

"What are you...doing?" Zhan's voice fell after each word especially the last one. Yibo took a sip of the coffee and got up with it.

"Not bad," With that Yibo left and Zhan was just, there. His mind was going all over the place.

"We just indirectly kissed." He whispered to himself, followed by his cheeks feeling warm.

He facepalms for being flustered over Yibo's action and taking it personally. He sat there for a bit before walking over to the counter to talk to Mrs. Wang.

"Uh,"

"I saw what happened, it's as strange as it sounds. Yibo doesn't let his friends touch his hands let alone strangers and worst he just drank off your mouth." She shook her head leaning on the counter.

"You saw?"

"Yes I did, everything. Nobody came in since what else was I supposed to do?"

"I wasn't complaining, was just stunned and worst even hearing what you said. I don't think I'm awake." Zhan lightly tapped himself on the cheeks before accepting his encounter. "I don't think I need coffee anymore that'll work."

"I want to invite you over to dinner. So what do you say?"

"That would be great, and I haven't eaten over in ages." Zhan laughed.

Zhan has known Mrs. Wang for over a year now, they are like best friends. He goes over to eat, they talk and share childhood memories whenever they can. It was like a bond but the reason why Zhan didn't recognize Yibo as her son was because She didn't like the up-to-date technology. She rather back in the days where only pen and paper exists. She only had a few photos hanging on the wall but they weren't taken by her.

Yibo on the other hand went straight home. He wasn't going to work tonight so he left one of his colleagues to be in charge.

Yibo's P.O.V

I was still sipping on Zhan's coffee because, to be honest, never ordered this before. It tasted decent and maybe because I accomplished what I wanted so it somehow tasted like victory. I went inside and took a shower after being exhausted from assisting my mom, who has zero tolerance for my rest time. After showering and wrapping the towel around my waist, I heard a knock on the bathroom door. Who's even here?

"Open the door please," The person said from the other side. Not him again. I open the door and I wasn't surprised.

"You are back home early, where have you been?"

"And you are?" I asked because I must be a child or something.

"Jiang... Your ex." He stared at me confused.

"Well, as long as you aren't my mom you are the least of my problems." I walked past in and went into my bedroom and got dressed. I walked downstairs to the kitchen only to see him again.

"Hey, Yibo I was just wondering if I could stay over tonight." I nodded and he jumped in excitement.

"Outside is pretty big so you won't be a bother." I took out ramen and put on the pot of water.

"Wha- I don't think anyone can get any more heartless than this." He pouted but it didn't make a difference. "I just wanted to spend some time with you."

"Why?"

"It's like all of a sudden you despise me, it's not my fault I am who I am apparently. You're giving me the cold shoulders for no reason." He leaned on the kitchen island. "Talk to me."

He held onto my arm with both of his hands. I'm not angry with him just annoyed. He's like a dog with no owner and I'm so unfortunate to feel sorry for him, he just won't shut up. I even made the ramen and started eating almost burn my mouth.

"Since you won't shut it, I have a question to ask."

"Okay, I'm listening."

"How did you get in?" I cleared my throat and cool the soup.

"I didn't destroy the spare key you gave me, I couldn't. I kept it in case I left something."

"Stalker."

"I'm not a stalker, just missed you that's all. But we don't have a chance do we?" He looked at me with those pitiful eyes.

"Listen, kid, I don't feel like lying today so stop tempting me."

"You're just three years older than me, we're both kids then if that's the case." He frowned but I could care less.

"Nobody cares." I inwardly laughed at his reaction he should be used to me by now. "Don't feel bad but you're just being unrealistic."

"I'm still confused on how we started dated"

"That makes two of us." He slightly hit me and laughed.

"So what happened today?" He leaned in and smiled.

"I kissed someone." I teased.

"Stop playing."