Chapter 1

Hello and welcome to Genesis bonus content (woop woop)!! I'm really excited to start writing this alongside finishing Genesis.

This story is told from the perspective of Drayk, Kaze's brother. I've been itching to write in different characters' POV's, and Drayk's story is one that needs to be told.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy! :)

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Where the heck are my gloves?!" I mutter to myself as I rummage through my drawers, flinging things over my shoulder as I go. I could've sworn they were here before; this is exactly where I put them!

"Kaze!" I yell. "Have you seen my gloves?"

"Nope!" comes the reply from the other side of the house. "Check your pockets!"

"I think I'd know if they were in my-" I stop, reaching into the pockets of the sleek yellow bikesuit I'm wearing. Voila! Gloves!

"Thanks," I call down the stairs. I hear muffled laughter through the walls. Whatever.

I shove the gloves back into my pockets and make my way down the stairs. My brother is sitting in our living room watching a show on our TV. He already has his bikesuit on and his helmet rests on the cushion next to him.

"Yo, you ready to go?" I ask him. He hops off the couch and turns off the TV with the remote.

"Yeah. I've been ready for forever, but someone couldn't find their stuff," Kaze says sarcastically.

"Hey, man, that's why I have you," I say. "Come on."

We leave the house together, heading over to our garage to collect our buzzbikes. Mine has a lime green and yellow color scheme, while my brother's is a shiny red. Kaze thinks my bike is ugly, but he couldn't be farther from the truth. My ride looks freaking sick; he just can't get over it.

I mount my bike first. I slot the key into the ignition and rev the engine, my bike roaring like a lion. I laugh gleefully. Man, that sounds cool without a muffler! My brother's bike comes to life a few seconds later, his engine letting out a soft, sinister purr to contrast with my snarl.

We both pull out of our garage and into the busy dome streets. I itch to slam my accelerator forward and take off towards the gates, but I wait, my hands practically shaking with the adrenaline and anticipation.

Finally, we reach the gates. I brake hard to stop myself from crashing into them and almost hurtle straight forward over the handlebars. It's a wonderful feeling to have barely any control but still be able to survive. I feel practically invincible.

Kaze screeches to a halt next to me and we both giddily grin at each other. I look over at the gate control booth where the gate worker is looking us over skeptically.

"Just going biking!" Kaze chirps. "Don't mind us!"

"Don't get locked out," the worker drawls in a bored monotone. "Have fun, kids."

He lazily flips a switch and the gates creak to life, opening and revealing the outside world before us. As soon as the gap between the gates' doors is wide enough, my brother and I zoom through and out into the sand dunes.

I take a deep breath of the shallow air and exhale a gleeful laugh. I love it out here! The dunes, the atmosphere, the freedom, everything. It's the perfect escape.

"Gang's at ten o'clock!" Kaze shouts to me as we ride. I look slightly to the left and, sure enough, there's a group of buzzbikers up ahead.

My brother and I zoom forward towards them. We quickly reach their location and skid to a stop, spraying sand everywhere.