Nightmare

I stumbled through the forest. The branches pulled at my hair. And the roots grabbed at my ankles, dragging me down to their realm.

I waited there, catching my breath along side the dirt and twigs.

And then I heard it.

Whispering.

A low hiss, sliding over the tops of the trees. Coming closer and closer.

"Hailey" It whispered. "Come join us." It taunted. "Run with us."

"No." I mumbled.

How?

I couldn't be...

"No."

It wasn't possible.

But I was a human. Like mum.

"No.

I'm human.

I was human.

I should be human.

Shouldn't I?

"No!" I screamed, my body wrenching upright. My eyes snapped wide open, and I kicked my damp with sweat cover off the bed. I pressed my back against the wall, as I let my pounding heart slow down.

It had been the same every night for two months. The same dream. The same conclusion.

I was turning.

A low thump distracted my thoughts. A hoarse groan came after it. My breathing hitched as I watched the door handle twist and push open slightly.

Hastily, I grabbed the baseball bat beside my nightstand, as I crept silently towards the door. I held myself against the wall, and lifted the bat up, waiting.

The door inched open again, enough for me to see the dark silhouette of the intruder. I raised the bat higher, preparing to swing.

Stumbling in, the intruder seemed disorientated. I smacked the bat against the skull of the man. There was a thump as the body hit the floor. Slowly the person began to stand up.

What the-

Unsatisfied, I swung the bat back and took another swing. Groaning, the man swiftly raised his arms to protect his head. He took another hit to the head, but still wouldn't budge.

What on earth?

"Hailey?"

I froze. How on earth did he know my name? Was he some kind of psychopathic kidnapper or something? I raised my arms again to hit him.

"Stop it! It's me, Hayden. Your brother?"

My fear was quickly replaced with anger, as I dropped the bat onto the floor. "What the hell do you think you're doing? Wondering around drunk- by the looks of it- at god-knows-what-time in the morning!"

"I was running home when I heard you scream. I thought something had happened." He replied. "And what on earth were you doing with that bat! If I weren't a wolf you could've killed me!"

"Don't you dare blame this on me! I wasn't the one who was wondering through the house, acting like a drunken burglar." I fiercely whispered.

"Look, Hailey. It's late. I'm tired. You're tired." He sighed. "Let's just go to bed and sort this out in the morning."

He turned to get out my bedroom.

"Sorry about the head."

"You're lucky I'm not going to remember this. Night Hails."

"Night."

I walked back over to my bed and collapsed onto it. I tried to calm my pounding heart, as I thought about what was happening to me.

I was changing.

I wasn't supposed to be.

I was the fricken half-breed that was meant to be human.

A mutt.

A mongrel.

Something so different from my purebred twin, Hayden.

Comment!

Vote!!

& dnt forget to

FAN!!!