𝟎𝟗

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 at her desk, ready for class. Her college break had ended, meaning it was time to get back into the grind.

She pulled out her notebook and started up her computer, quickly logging in and joining the zoom call. Her college had never really gone back to in-person lessons, instead opting for all virtual learning. She supposed it worked out for most students, not restricting them to campus life.

Maisie listened to her professor drone on about some topic or another, taking notes when she deemed it necessary. She let her mind wander when he went on a tangent about his wife. She lingered on the thought of Technoblade, and couldn't help but smile as she absentmindedly drew countless little hearts in her notebook.

She checked the clock on her computer, 9:48 am, and sighed heavily. That was almost two whole hours before she got to see him again. She had been doing this a lot lately, counting down the hours until she was able to talk to him or hang out with him.

Celena had made a joke about her having a 'crush' on him multiple times, which never failed to make Maisie grumble. They weren't in middle school, it wasn't a crush. He was just her friend!

Sure, maybe she liked being around him more than anyone else. Maybe she liked talking to him for hours on end, never being able to grow tired of him. Maybe she loved the way he could always make her laugh, and the way he was able to make any situation feel manageable.

She may have liked the way he did his hair, or the way that he made her feel by just looking at her. It could have been his laugh, or his eyes, or even the way one side of his mouth reached slightly higher than the other when he smiled.

But she did not have a crush on him. That was ridiculous! How could Celena even think that?

Rolling her eyes with a grin, Maisie snapped out of her thoughts and listened to her professor giving his lecture again. She looked down to take another small note, instead finding nowhere left to write due to hundreds of penciled-in hearts taking up the entire page.