IV.V

( 4.5 )

AUGUST 20, 2021

Silently freaking out in the spare bedroom of Harry's.

First, he liked my post, now he's commenting on my post. I'm unable to function right now. Especially since Harry asked me if I wanted to do something today— and of course I said yes! I'm not crazy.

He said he knew exactly where to go but that he wasn't going to tell me. The one thing I could possibly hate more is not knowing where I'm going and what I should wear.

But, I decided to wear a long dress that goes down to my calves and some sneakers, this is some sort of casual, right?

He asked me that question about two hours ago and told me I could take my time getting ready because the place was open forever. I've been ready for the last thirty minutes, but I'm having to get my brain and heart working correctly. But I also don't want him to think I'm not wanting to go so I grab my phone and "bag purse" (as I like to call it since it's a mixture between the two) and start walking to the door.

I'm calm, I'm calm, I repeated to myself as I grabbed the doorknob and twisted it open. I walked towards the living room, thinking that's where Harry would be waiting, yet he was not there. Is he still getting ready?

I walked around the large living room, knowing I'd be unable to sit still, and just looked around. The house was beautiful and clean, which honestly was a little surprising. Not that I want it to be dirty or thought of Harry as a sloppy man, but... it's SO clean. Whatever— doesn't matter.

I happened to pass a small table sitting against a wall with a few picture frames on it. I looked down and tilted them back so I didn't have to pick them up. The first one was a picture of him and his mom when he was a little boy, he was wearing a party hat and was smiling big. I blushed, my eyes starting to water, he's so precious. The next picture was of him and the boys. I grinned even bigger than little Harry was in the last photo. The good ol' days.

"You ready?" Harry called from behind me

I jumped and turned around quickly, "Yeah!" I breathed out.

"Let's go," he smiled, his arms motioning towards the door.

I smiled back, especially since he was wearing casual clothes as well.

Once outside, we got into my rental car (it was the better option for low profiling) and Harry was letting ME drive. It's not that I can't drive or that I'm a bad driver, but I get nervous driving others I never have before and if I don't know where I'm going.

"Are you sure you want me to drive?" I asked before shifting the car in reverse.

"It's your car and you haven't even been able to drive it yet, so, yes," he laughs. "Keeps the suspense of the destination too."

I grinned, holding back a loud laugh, and put the car in reverse.

We've been driving for about twenty minutes and I was already tired of driving. I wish Harry could notice my discomfort and ask if he needed to drive. I'm honestly scared, I hate driving in big cities that have small roads. I try to drive slow, but I hate to think that people think I'm like an old lady. This just feels like an accident-prone situation that I was very uncomfortable with. I'm also too nervous to tell Harry that or ask him to trade places with me, so if he could notice, I would appreciate it.

Only two minutes passed by, we were still on the small road, and I was getting more scared by the second. Time was moving so slow to me and I couldn't stand any more of it. It was a two-lane road and I was on the right lane, so I saw a turn in and took it, parking in a big, open spot. I parked the car and kept a tight grip on the wheel, don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, I repeated to myself in my head.

This is a very embarrassing situation but it was either this or we probably would have crashed and I did not want the media bashing me on almost killing Harry Styles.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked, turning towards me.

"No," I answered honest and short. When I get really scared in moments like these I most often always end up crying, but I don't want to on my second day of meeting Harry. It would not be in a cool way.

"What's wrong?" He asked worriedly.

"Is it okay if you just drive the rest of the way?" I asked nervously, slowly turning towards him.

"Yeah... of course," he said calmly and unbuckled his seatbelt, getting out of the car.

I took a deep breath once he shut the door and unbuckled mine, getting out and walking to the passenger side. Before I could, though, Harry stopped me, "Are you for sure you're okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine," I smiled, trying to laugh so he didn't have to worry. He probably could see the tears forming in my eyes, but I haven't let one slip yet. Then suddenly, he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly.

At first, I was stunned, my arms unable to move, then I slowly hugged him back, in the end, one tear was shed.

I was the first to let go but Harry kept a firm hold on me, "Are you going to be okay?" He asked quietly.

"Yes," I answered truthfully.

"I'll drive from now on," Harry smiled and walked me the rest of the way to the passenger side, opening the door for me.

I couldn't help but smile. That was really sweet.

The rest of the ride was very peaceful, even if we were still riding through the crowded street of LA. After a while, we were finally heading out of the city and towards open roads— more trees, fewer cars— my favorite.

Some more time passes and we were now driving along the shoreline (as in, I could see it). Then we stopped, Harry parked the car and turned to face me, a wide grin on his face.

"Ready?" He asked.

"For what?" I laughed.

"The Adventure of A Lifetime," he smiled and jumped out of the car, quickly making his way to my door before I could get out.

"Thanks," I smiled.

"No problem, love," he continued to grin and led me on our way.

I blushed as I walked behind him, this is insane.

I looked around and saw no one was here, it felt like we were basically in the middle of nowhere. Harry continued walking towards the tree line, I could see a small path starting to form.

"Is this a walking trail?" I asked.

"Not a public one," he said, turning his head slightly so I could hear him.

"The best kind," I laughed and continued admiring the nature surrounding us.

________________________

⚪️arianamitchelle 5hr