Timeline and criteria

Timeline

Entries open on December 1st

Entries close on April 18th

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

 Round one of judging.

Publication of results May 9th-May 18th

Judges have to read each entry and base their score on provided criteria. The judges will read the first five chapters. Half of the stories in each category will be eliminated. The remaining books will be announced with round two of judging.

Receival of feedback May 10th-May 20th

Each participant will get feedback (via dm). Eliminated participants will get feedback at the end of round one, remaining participants will get feedback after the winners are announced. 

 Round two of judging.

Judges will read the remaining stories and base their scores on provided criteria. The judges will read five more chapters, ten in total. And pick three winners for each category.

Winners are announced.

Publication of results July 8th-July 17th

Receival of feedback July 10th-July 20th

Note that the timeline might change, depending on the number of participants and judges. Any changes will be announced on our profile, that is why we want you to follow this account.

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Criteria

Engagement 20/20

Does the story capture attention? Have a good hook? Does it make you want to keep reading it?

Concept 10/10

Is the story is something really new? Or maybe it's cliche and even if it is, maybe the trend is shown in an entirely new way?

Cover 10/10

Does the cover fit the story theme? Is it eye-catching?

The book description 10/10

How well the book is described? Would description make you open the book?

Technicalities 50/50

Grammar, spelling, punctuation, dialogue structure. Writing style. Character description and development.

Total 100/100

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Criteria for Poetry

Engagement 20/20

Do poems have clear, memorable, concrete images to make a point? Does it pull you in from start to finish? The symbolism of the poems?

Concept 10/10

Does the title of the book connect with poems? Are poems are structured well?

Cover 10/10

Does the cover fit the general theme? Is it eye-catching?

The book description 10/10

How well the book is described? Would description make you open the book? Do you see the theme of the poems in the description?

Technicalities 50/50

Grammar, spelling, punctuation. Rhyme, rhythm, complexity. A number of lines. Word diversity.

Total 100/100

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

The next part prizes ☆⇢