Chapter 112 - Getting Out of Fantasy

Start from the beginning

"Tin, you're seriously injured. Let's help you out first," Can insisted as he refused to believe what Tin was saying. He thought that he might be hallucinating due to his injury. He wanted to walk towards their small wooden cabinet to once again attempt to get his storage ring, but to no avail. Tin held on to him firmly and pleadingly said, "Can, you made this world."

He wanted Can to realize the truth and soon.

Can stopped from his tracks and turned around frowning in more confusion. He was about to refute him, but he got interrupted by him. "Your spiritual energy was drained to our unborn children almost completely when you went into a state of coma. As a result, your consciousness created this world to protect you and give you a sense of safety."

Can found that ridiculous and hard to believe. "That cannot be true Tin. Our children are right here. They're in their bedroom napping. I'm fine as well." Can could not take it anymore and shook his head. "Now, please let me go and let me get the health potion," he said as he grabbed Tin's hand that was firmly holding him.

"Our children haven't been born yet! If we don't leave this dimension, you and them could die," he said with desperation as well as frustration. They did not have much time. His eyes were covered in blood as well as tears.

Can still could not believe his words because he knew very well that this was their real world. Since Tin was hallucinating and not letting him go, Can had no choice but to use some force.

"It's going to be okay, Tin. You'll be fine. You'll be safe," he said as he lifted Tin's hand away from him gently with relative ease after using spiritual energy. Tin, on the other hand, struggled as he wanted to keep Can in place. He wanted to drag him away from the dimension as soon as possible since the black hole was continuously expanding at a rapid rate. If the dimension collapses, both of them could die. He could not let that happen.

Meanwhile Can, free from Tin's grasp, hurriedly went to the cabinet and grabbed his storage ring. Before he could take the health potion from the ring, he immediately was stunned after hearing Tin spoke.

Tin with his hands forming into fists, "Do you even know our children's name?"

Can thought that such a question was ridiculous. Of course, he would know their names! He was the one who gave birth to them after all. What kind of parent would not know the name of their children?

"Their names? Of course, it's..."

As he was about to answer Tin who was clearly hallucinating to hopefully put him at ease, Can was somewhat dazed as he stared at the cabinet with the storage ring in his hand. For some reason, he could not state the names of their children.

He frowned. "Their names...," he repeated softly.

Doubt suddenly crept into his mind. There was no way that he did not know their names. How else does he call them when they have to eat, bathe them, put them in bed to sleep, and do other things?

Can went down for a quick memory lane of the time he spent with his children and found out that none of those moments he spent with them did he once call them by their names.

He finally realized, he doesn't know. Yet, how could that be? They have been living here for a long time with their children. There was no way he would not know!?

The black hole further cracked and expanded even faster. The fantasy world was breaking. Slowly the truth was seeping in.

Can then suddenly remembered the scenes at the bar. He was unsure where that memory came from but he remembered he was struggling with coming up with the names of their children as he was drinking with his friends. That event happened very recently. Then after that, he remembered his body was depleted of spiritual energy.

Can dropped the storage ring which was his marriage ring on the floor. It rolled down outside the door of the bedroom until it hit one of the little feet of the twins who were standing outside not too long ago.

It all came back to Can now. He remembers everything now.

"Tin, I remember everything now," Can turned around and ran towards his husband.

"How did you manage to enter this dimension? How did you get hurt this badly?" Can asked worriedly.

Tin shook his head, "We have no time. We have to get out now. The entrance is right outside of this mansion. Let's go quickly, Can."

Can agreed. He could now feel that the dimension was about to collapse and that they needed to get out as soon as possible. Maintaining and controlling it was quite risky and almost too late. The two of them have no choice but to leave immediately.

"Mommy, you dropped something!"

By the entrance of their bedroom, the boy was approaching the couple with one hand holding the storage ring up high. He was happily smiling.

Tin was fast enough to act and covered Can with a blanket despite knowing that the boy was a mere illusion.

Following behind him was his twin sister. As opposed to his brother who was smiling, she was silent. Her head was hanging low. It was obvious that she was sad and something was bothering her.

For the couple, although they realized that this was not real and they were ready to leave, the moment they heard the voice of these children, they could not help but hesitate.

"Here mommy," the boy said as he grabbed and pulled the blanket that covered Can.

It could be that he was so immersed in being a parent that Can had a hard time refusing the boy, so he bent down to take the ring. "Thank you."

As Can was about to take the ring, Tin had to close his eyes and looked the other way as he pulled Can to his side. "They're not our children," he whispered.

The boy heard what his father said. It was the first time that he was refused and rejected by both of them.

"What's wrong mommy and daddy? You don't like me anymow?" There was already tears building up and his snot was running down his nose as he grabbed onto Can more firmly.

The dimension was shaking further that it was becoming harder to stabilize oneself.

Can was unable to say anything. He wanted to comfort the boy but he must seriously go. Before he could leave, he must have to force himself to remove the hands that were holding him. He could not do it as his heart would feel broken if he did so.

On the other hand, Tin was about to take the boy away from Can as he told himself repeatedly that the boy was not real when the sister came forward and took the boy away from Can. Although there was some resistance from the boy initially, the girl was able to pull him off. She went on to hug him since the boy wanted to stick to Can.

Of course, the couple was surprised by this movement by the girl. Yet, they did not have time to think about why the girl decided to do this.

"Let's go!" Tin softly said as the pain was more unbearable that it was hard for him to move. Thankfully, Can was there to assist him.

Soon, they managed to get to the entrance of the portal. Before they entered as the world that they "lived" in for a moment was about to shatter, they looked back at the two children who were staring back at them. One was crying and the other comforting. It was certainly tragic to see.

"I'm sorry," Can could only say as he stepped forward and helped Tin moved to the entrance.

Boom!

When they entered the portal, the dimension cracked and shrunk. There was no explosion. Just silence.

With the success of Tin's mission, Can's consciousness returned almost immediately. Unfortunately, as for Tin, he was the one who became unconscious.

Pete's team scrambled to check on both to make sure that both of their conditions were not life-threatening.

While Can was being checked by one of the medical professionals, Can woke up.

At the same time, the people within the hospital received an announcement.

"The hospital's defenses have been breached!"