S2 Ch1: A lovely reunion

The normally busy streets of Vale were now mostly silent as the duo of Bumblebee and Summer's car drove to the docks, on their way to catch the next ferry to Patch. From inside of Summer's car, Ruby Rose looked out the window at all of the damage the city had sustained in the attack. Fortunately, military from both Atlas and Vale were cooperating with many Huntsmen and Huntresses in the rescue operations. From what she could see, there had been many casualties, but there were also many men, women and children being pulled from the wreckage alive. This had been a major hit, but even in all this chaos, the silver-eyed girl could still see a small glimmer of hope. Still, the events of yesterday weighed on her mind, and from what General Ironwood told them in the meating, she knew just who to blame.

Ruby:(How?)-she thought- (How can an entire group be so soulless to want to see hope be destroyed?)

She was pulled out of her thoughts when she heard someone call out her name.

Summer: Ruby?-The Hooded Huntress looked up to see Summer looking at her with concern

(P.S. Ruby is sitting in the passenger seat)

Summer: Hey, are you okay sweetie?- her mother asked- You've been like that since we left the hospital.

Ruby immediately put a smile on her face.

Ruby: Oh! Yeah, I'm good mom, thanks for asking."

Weiss gave her partner a skeptic look.

Weiss:Ruby, no offense, but I can tell that you are not one-hundred percent okay. If there's something bothering you, you can tell us.

Blake: *nodded* She's right Ruby. Just because you're our leader doesn't mean you need to keep your emotions bottled up like that.

Ruby: *sighes as she hugged her arms* I-I'm sorry, it's just... I can't begin to imagine someone being cruel enough to want to destroy hope.

Bucky:( I can think of a few)- he thought to himself

Summer: * reached her hand and grasped Ruby's* It's okay Ruby, trust me, hope isn't something that's easily killed. It'd take a lot to do something like that. So you know what? Let's make sure it doesn't happen sweetie

Ruby: *smiled, her face filled with determination* Thanks Mom, sounds like a plan!

Weiss: A very vague plan, but a plan nonetheless- she pointed out.

Nora: *smirked* Thanks for the moral support, Weiss.

Blake: *shrugged* Well, she has a point. We aren't experienced Huntresses, we're students with only one year of academy training under our belts. Where do we even start with something like this?

Bucky: Well, let's see, you've got not two but four highly trained veterans, three of witch are super soldiers. I'd say that's a good start.

Ruby: Thats right I almost forgot about that!

Summer: By the way Ruby, where's Zwei?"

Ruby: Oh, Zwei? He is in Sam's backpack enjoying the fresh air- she glanced over to Blake with a sly grin- better to have him with them than an enclosed space with Blake am I right?

Summer: *smiled at her daughter's friend* Oh Blake, really? You're scared of dogs?

Blake: *narrowed her eyes* I am NOT scared of them. I just... don't like them is all.

Weiss: *smirked* Says the girl who leaps over furniture just so she doesn't have to walk next to the little guy. Come on Blake, he's really friendly.

Blake: *crossed her arms* Well, maybe I don't want to be friendly back.

Nora: Okay, that's a little harsh -she said- Why don't we try to lighten the mood a bit?- She opened her scroll to start a fighting game and then she looked at Ruby- you ready for battle Rose?