Chapter: 6 The White Serpent

It has been two years since Rai's training had started. In the Throne Room, the King was sitting on the Throne. The King let out a sigh and said "Marcus, How long until Rai's training is finished?"

About five steps down the Throne and 3 meters away, there was a man standing there. The man's clothing was simple, looking like in his thirties, about 5'11 ft tall, wearing a pale yellow shirt, with a very neat and beautiful robe. He had Silver hair hanging halfway down to his shoulders, facial feature considered handsome. His eyes had the color of the Ocean. Standing there with pride and absolute belief in the King.

Marcus with a slight laugh replied "It seems that Your Majesty is bored without Sir Rai. Your Highness has been asking the same question since the day Sir Rai left for training. Does your Highness has something in mind for Sir Rai?"

The King with a faint smile replied "Perhaps..."

Marcus attracted by the King's reply asked "Your Highness, May I be so bold to ask, what have you in store for the young Hero?"

The King replied "Yes... but for my plan to work Rai has to get some higher social standing. What do you think we should do for that Marcus?"

Surprised by the sudden question, Marcus moved his right hand towards his neck, and right forefinger against his cheek, and started thinking. After thinking for a while, he replied "Milord can award Sir Rai with a Title."

The King replied, "Yes, that is indeed the easiest way, but I can't just give Rai a title without him achieving anything or it would cause dissension in other nobles."

Marcus replied "Indeed that would happen, How about we send him to defeat some kind of Monster which is endangering the lives of the people? That will give us the reason to grant him a title and he will be a Hero to the general public as well. And the other nobles won't be able to voice their opposition."

The King eagerly replied, "Yes that would be perfect... But is there a Monster strong enough that matches all those requirements?"

Marcus with a frown replied, "Milord don't worry about them, most of them are just greedy for money, but their aides and alike would know so it would be fine."

The King laughed and said, "That isn't something you should say so lightly, Marcus." The King with a smile continued "So is there any Monster nearby, that we can ask for Rai to kill?"

Marcus went into deep thinking and within a few minutes he got the answer, he excitedly said "Milord, I have got it!"

The King surprised by the sudden burst of excitement from Marcus said "You have got what?!"

Marcus calmed down and replied "Erm...The Monster which would be perfect for Sir Rai to kill, and which would also prove his skills as well."

The King leaned forward and said "Oh? And what's this said Monster called?"

Marcus replied "It lives at the bank of the rivers of Morning Dew Forest, and as you know that river also connects to the fields of the Nobles, so they would be pleased if Sir Rai defeats this monster. The name of the Monster is The White Serpent. Its kind is that of an Anaconda, its primary habitat is Water, it can only stay for 5 minutes above water. Its skin is rumored to be as strong as steel. And as the name suggests its skin is pure White. The rumors say that it's 130 meters long. It is ferocious and it's said that it doesn't possess poison but rather its sprays boiling hot water with enough pressure to blow a man's face off in an instant."

The King replied with surprise "Oh... Yes, that indeed is a Monster that everybody wished for to be slain. But wouldn't it be too dangerous for Rai?"