Chapter: 5 Training

As the sun rose, General Hardley woke Rai up. "It's time to start your training," said General Hardley. Rai nodded in return and went to the river to freshen up. On return to the camp, he noticed that his teachers were waiting for him.

Dale stepped forward and said "Okay Sir Rai, let me explain your schedule. First thing in the morning you will be training in swordsmanship with General Hardley, after that you will practice Magic with Jacob. After finishing up with all that you will be with me studying about the Kingdom and this world."

Rai let out a sigh and said "That seems a lot of work." They laughed and Dale said "Of course if you want to get stronger you have to do this. After all, there are no shortcuts to becoming strong."

"Okay then let's do it" Rai replied with an excited face.

"Yes, Follow me..." said General Hardley.

They went deeper into the forest till they were 500 meters away from the camp. "Let's start now..." said General Hardley.

"Ye-yes!" said Rai excitedly.

General Hardley equipped himself with a wooden sword, and said: "Take out yours."

Rai was carrying something in big green cloth. He dropped it on the floor and untangled the cloth. The Black Sword was lying there on the floor. "Should I use this?" said Rai with excitement.

General Hardley replied "No...You don't even know how to hold a sword, far less how to use it. That is a Phantasm Class sword so we will train before I allow you to equip it. We will be using a wooden sword."

"I understand..." said Rai. while taking out the wooden sword that was given to him by Dale.

After a few hours of training, Rai was exhausted and took an hour's rest. After that Jacob came to train him in the arts of magic.

"Sir Rai, clear your mind. Magic is all about imagination. The higher the imagination and concentration put into it the more Magic you can use, But to perform magic you have to take in the world's Aaya." said Jacob.

"Aaya what's that?" replied Rai. with a puzzled face.

"It's the element from which all magic is born and used. It is really small not what a naked eye can see but if gathered a lot you can see it. Like this" Whilst saying this, he held his hand in front of Rai, and in those few seconds, his hand was covered with yellow Mist.

Rai with surprise immediately said, "I have seen this Mist!"

Jacob surprised replied, "Where have you seen this, How is that possible?"

Rai replied "When I was coming to this world I saw it through the Pillar of Light. It covered this entire planet."

Jacob replied "Yes, It does cover the entire planet but to be able to see it... I think you may have some Talent for Magic."

After a few more hours of continuous training, the time came for Rai to study the History of the Kingdom and more about the world with Dale.

"Hello Sir Rai, are you ready for your lessons?" said Dale with excitement.

"Yes..." Rai replied with not even a shred of excitement.

"Erm.... Okay for today I will tell you the power ranks of the world how about that? Well if you don't want to study that's another thing."

Rai suddenly filled with excitement replied "Yes! I love studying! Please tell me the ranks"

Dale chuckled and continued "Haha okay, so far we only know of 12 Ranks Because that's the highest one has ever reached.