Chapter: 3 The Dark Blade

After saying goodbyes Rai was still at the same spot looking through the ceiling. The Head Mage walked towards the King and Rai, said: "It's done they will reach their home soon."

After hearing that Rai heaved a sigh of relief and turned around and found the King looking at him, with a slight smile he said: "Yes Milord?"

The King replied "You don't have to call me "Milord" something else would be better."

Rai smiled and said, "As you wish Your Majesty."

General Hardley walked towards the King and said "My King, Head Mage, and the others would like to talk."

The King replied "Oh yes, I forgot. Sir Rai, I will be right back."

An hour had passed since the King had left and Rai was still at that very same spot standing and gazing at the ceiling wondering if his friends have reached their homes. At that moment the King returned with a serious face, walking towards Rai. Rai got worried and asked, "Is everything alright, Your Majesty?"

The King replied, "Yes everything is fine, I was just wondering since you are our Hero what should I give you that would be of use for you."

Rai looked at the King with a slight smile, said: "Well a weapon or anything like that, would be good."

The King's face lit up and replied "Absolutely, You will not only be given a Weapon but also be trained from the very best of the Kingdom!"

Rai with a faint smile said, "Is that so..."

The King looked worried thinking that Rai was in doubt, he waved his hand and six Weapons were brought in front of him. The King said "Choose whichever weapon you want. Each of them is a Legendary Class Weapon, and please help us to fight against the Demon King's Army."

Rai immediately replied "Of course! But is a Legendary Class Weapon really different from a normal one?"

Everyone stared at Rai and the King replied happily "Of course! There are several classes of weapons, starting from the Top there are:

Phantasm ClassLegendary ClassCalamity ClassCatastrophe ClassAncient ClassDeity ClassSage ClassUnique ClassRare ClassCommon Class"

The King continued "Although there are some which can only be found in books. These Legendary class weapons are indeed the best we have. Now then, please choose."

The weapons that were in front of him were two Long Swords, two were Dual Handed Swords and two were Spears.

Rai stepped forward and looked at the weapons thoroughly and, suddenly he heard that dignified voice again "Young Man! You have the potential to be my Master, you have the potential to be a King! After a whole Century, I have found my successor come here boy, come towards me."

Rai followed the sound and found a Black Blade. The Blade was similar to the shape of Excalibur but its hilt was fully black embedded with red and white crystals. He was fascinated by the sword and was curious about the voice which had brought him here and picked it up.

As soon as he picked it up he felt a strange kind of energy being drained out of him.

By seeing that Rai picked up the Black Blade, the King was shocked and nervously said "Rai, that sword is a Phantasm Class Weapon but no one has ever been able to touch it, you're the first one that I have ever seen to even pick it up." After a slight pause, he continued "Hmm... I added it to the choice be I had some hopes and I was right to do so. It seems that it has chosen you as its Master."

The King let out a sigh and said "If it has chosen you, well we can't do anything about that. But you must use it well. We don't know much about the sword ourselves so please take care of yourself, young man."

Rai with a slight smile said "Thank you for caring about me. I will take good care of myself and the sword."

The King nodded and said "Your maid will take you to the room that I have prepared for you. Go get some rest you have been through a lot today. Get your thoughts together we will talk tomorrow about your training and studies."

Rai was surprised and said "A room for me, Thank you, Your Majesty. Uhm... What do you mean Studies?"

The King laughed and said, "I mean exactly what you think, You are gonna study." While laughing he walked with General Hardley towards the left end corner of the Throne Room.

After the King left, the maid came beside Rai, slightly bowed, and said "Sir Raizel, Please follow me, I will show you to your room."

The maid was quite beautiful with long brown hair and brown eyes with a good figure as well. She was 16 and her height was 5'7 ft.

Rai a little embarrassed replied, "Yes, please do."

In Rai's mind WOW! A real Maid, I am so glad I stayed!

They walked through the left corridor into the hallway. It took 15 minutes to reach his room. The maid bowed and said, "If you need anything please tell me."

Rai nervously said "Umm... What is your name, Miss?"

The maid surprised by his attitude towards a servant smiled and replied "My name is Stella... Stella Larpi."

Rai replied with a smile "I will be in your care, Stella."

Stella smiled and bowed "Is there anything you may need?"

Rai replied, "Please prepare a bath for me."

Stella bowed and went inside his room to prepare the bath. Rai also entered the room and saw what he thought could never be possible, a room fit for royalty.

The room walls were red-brown parallel lines in equilibrium. The bed was big enough to fit five people. There were two sofas with a rug under them in the middle of the room. There was also a fireplace to get warmed up. Next to the fireplace was the door to the Bathroom. There was also a balcony. The room was decorated with many expensive decorations. While he was looking around, Stella came out of the Bathroom.

She bowed and said, "The bath is prepared, Sir Hero."

Rai replied, "You can call me Rai."

Stella said, "I could never Milord."

Rai replied with a smile "Of course you can. You should."

Stella replied, "As you command Sir Rai."

Rai replied, "It is not a command, but rather a request."

Stella a bit embarrassed went towards the door said "Sir Rai, If you don't need anything else, I will take my leave."

Rai said, "Yes, you may."

After that Rai went into the bath. Feeling refreshed from the bath, he laid down on the bed and thought Wow it's been a long day today. He closed his eyes and he fell asleep, thinking of what he did today and what the future holds. He could finally get some sleep.