And that night four months ago just before Bahrain, had sparked up a new relationship for Lando. He and Daniel had frequently flown to the other race venues together, and would fly home together. They had the time to chat, laugh, play some golf, play fifa even though Daniel was pretty shit at it and chill out together. It became a regular thing that Daniel and Lando would arrive at the track together, 99.9% of the time. Michael, Daniel's bestmate and personal trainer had suspected something was going on between the two. But nothing really was, Lando was too scared and Daniel was too afraid to hurt Lando.
Oh, Lando had told Daniel about Cody two months ago when Lando had a phone call from Cody. That phone call was terrifying. Luckily, Lando was at Daniel's watching family guy. Lando had answered the call and put it on speaker.
"Oi, slut. You tried to have me arrested, you think you'll get away with this?!"
Lando couldn't speak, he was too scared. Daniel had noticed this.
"Oi buddy. Yeah he did, and he will get away with it. You're a drunk, abusive fuck, so stay the fuck away from Lando or I'll have your head."
The call ended. Lando asked Daniel, "Can I hug you?" Daniel laughed and nodded, but opened his arms for Lando. Lando crawled over to Daniel's end of the sofa and hugged him tightly. Daniel's hands wrapped around his waist, Lando's around Daniel's neck. He whispered to Daniel, "Thank you." Daniel shushed him and rocked them both gently.

Lando couldn't have been more thankful for Daniel. Daniel was everywhere in his mind at the moment, he couldn't thank the Aussie enough. It was the Wednesday before Spa, Lando was at Daniel's, both having a cup of tea before they left for the airport. Lando had moved to a new house a few blocks away from Daniel. Lando sold his old house, the memories too vivid in his mind. He needed a fresh start, a new slate. The tea was warm and had the perfect milk and sugar ratios. Daniel always made the best tea, and the biscuits were always ready too. The had to leave shortly, the plane departing at 6.40am. They finished their teas, made sure they each had all they needed and then headed off in Daniel's car.
-
The flight to Belgium was rather quick for Lando. He had thought to himself most of the time. Lando had thought about how Cody had been locked up behind bars for over 30 years. He was happy about it, he had remembered when he appeared in court. Lando wore a smart suit, but it was sleeveless. The reason why? So that Lando could show the scars Cody had left behind to the judge and jury. The thought of showing them made Lando feel very anxious, but he knew he had to. He wanted to never have to see Cody again, and Lando was glad he did show the scars. He would not have to see Cody for a long long time. Lando had thanked Daniel for the sleeveless idea, Daniel had prepared Lando for speaking to the judge. Lando had never felt more ready until that day, he had also never felt so relieved.
-
It was now Saturday in Spa. Free Practices had been pretty dry on Friday, however the weather today was not good. Visibility on track was non-existent, the tyres couldn't handle the amount of water, many cars aqua-planing off track. It was dangerous, but they had no choice.

It's race day in Spa. The weather had not really improved, but it had to be attempted to race on, otherwise the race wouldn't have been classified. Lando was nervous, he hated wet racing. He knew how dangerous it could be, how life threatening it was. Lando had seen Daniel for breakfast, both enjoying their food and a cup of tea. He suited up and then went to find Daniel before the race. He saw Daniel in his driver's room and knocked on the door.
"Goodluck out there Daniel." Daniel smiled at Lando, "Thank you Lando. Don't sing too much." Lando giggled, his heart fluttering. Daniel walked closer and pulled him into a hug, "You'll do great kiddo." Lando sighed, "Thanks Dan, I just hate wet races." Daniel sighed, "Me too, but right now we have a race to finish." Lando half smiled and let go of Daniel and waved to him as he left the room.

Lando sat in the cockpit of his car, on a very very wet grid. He felt his heart thump in his chest, "Will, I don't like this." "Lando, none of us do, but theres not much we can do I'm afraid." Lando sighed, he wished there was more that could done. But his wishing was soon cut off. The lights went out and the loud sounds of powerful engines blasted through his ears. Lando took it gently in every corner, he didn't want to slide off track or have an incident. He wanted to get back into the garage. It was lap 3 and Lando heard, "Red flag. Red flag. Car in barriers at turn 5." Lando was scared, he knew they shouldn't have been allowed to race. "Who was it?!" he asked his engineer, "Ricciardo, brake pedal failed." Lando inhaled sharply, he let out a whimper and then "No, it can't be?! please it can't be him." He didn't even know who he was speaking to until he heard Will, "Lando I can confirm it is Daniel. We heard your message." Lando's finger had been on the radio by accident. His voice had been all broken and he had tears pouring out of his eyes. Lando let out sobs that were nearly screams, his finger still on the radio. He couldn't move it, "TELL ME HES OKAY?" he shouted, no response, "TELL ME HE'S FUCKING OKAY?" Lando shouted as best he could, "Lando, he is out of the car, unconscious at the moment, but medics are assisting." Lando sobbed harder, he couldn't believe it. He had known something was going to happen, he didn't think it would be Daniel though. He pulled his car into the pitlane, every screen was on Daniel's car. It was destroyed, unrecognisable nearly. Lando couldn't bare to look, he headed into his garage and straight to Zak. "I need to go to the hospital that he is at." Lando demanded. Zak nodded, "Michael will take you, go change." Lando followed, he went to change out of his suit. He grabbed his phone and his wallet, before heading to meet Michael. The race had been cancelled, the FIA deeming it too dangerous to race in. Finally.

Lando and Michael arrived at the hospital. Lando ran inside and up to the front desk. "I'm here to see Daniel Ricciardo." The nurse nodded, "Relation to the patient?" Lando panicked, he wasn't a direct relation to Daniel. He didn't care though, "Boyfriend, Fiancé actually." Lando flashed a ring he had bought himself last year, it had a bright blue diamond on it. He swiftly switched it to his ring finger in order to trick the nurse. It had worked, She told him a doctor would call him when he was able to see Daniel. Lando was shocked at what he had done in order to be allowed to see Daniel. He wasn't even Daniel's boyfriend, let alone his fiancé. Lando didn't even know if Daniel swung that way for guys.
Lando waited patiently for about 45 minutes before some said, "Lando Norris?" Lando stood up and headed towards the nurse. "Follow me." The nurse sighed before continuing, "Mr Ricciardo is awake and stable. Luckily he only lost consciousness due to shock, but unfortunately. Mr Ricciardo has suffered a horrific knee injury and has undergone surgery to help solve it. However, Mr Ricciardo will have to be in a knee brace and crutches for a few months until it's healed." Lando nodded and took a deep breath. He entered the room where Daniel is. He walked in and sat down in the chair next to the bed. Daniel's eyes were closed, the steady rhythm of his heart displayed on that screen. Lando held Daniel's hand in his own. He held it tightly, and placed a kiss to the back of Daniel's hand. Lando heard movement, Daniel was looking at Lando. "Hi." Lando whispered, "Hey." Lando smiled sadly. "You scared me you know." Daniel sighed, "I know, I'm sorry. I had no control, it all happened so quickly." Lando sighed, "Hey, hey, it's okay. I'm just glad you're okay. You should listen to this." "Okay?" Daniel questioned. Lando whipped out his phone, the recording of his team radio after the incident started playing. Daniel listened carefully.
"Red flag. Red flag. Car in barriers at turn 5."
"Who was it?!"
"Ricciardo, brake pedal failed."
A whimper escaped from Lando's mouth, "No, it can't be?! Please it can't be him."
"Lando I can confirm it's Daniel, we heard your message."
"TELL ME HE'S OKAY?"
Silence
"TELL ME HE'S FUCKING OKAY?!"
"Lando, he is out of the car, unconscious, but medics are there assisting."
Daniel couldn't believe the desperation in Lando's voice. Lando was scared shitless. It wasn't just because someone had crashed. Lando was scared because it was Daniel. Daniel had noticed the urgency in Lando's voice. The sobs Lando let out were devastating, the scream sobs were just heartbreaking to Daniel. Daniel had never wanted to make Lando so scared, he only wanted to care for him, build him back up again. "Lando." Lando looked up, "Lando, why were you so scared?" Lando sighed and looked down, "I haven't felt so much fear for someone other than myself for over 3 years. Hearing that there was a crash at Spa itself was terrifying. But when I heard it was you Daniel, I couldn't believe it. You have shown me so much love, care, affection, that I couldn't imagine how I would do without you. I, I, Daniel, I just couldn't quite believe it was you, until I got here and had to speak to the receptionist. She asked for relation to the patient and I didn't know what to do so I." Lando paused, "I told her I was your boyfriend and then added 'Fiancé actually' and flashed my ring at her. I panicked but I had to see you. I needed to make sure that you were okay. It was the least I could do after everything you did for me."
Daniel was shocked at Lando's admission, "But she believed you were my fiancé?" Lando giggled, "She did." Daniel chuckled back, he was sure of what he was feeling. "Lando, hearing your radio only solidified things for me too. I'm sorry it scared you so much, I had never intended for you to feel this way, so I apologise. But one day, maybe you could be my fiancé, would you like that?" Lando sat there wide eyed, he gulped before he was pulled up to his feet. Daniel had moved so that he was sat on the edge of the hospital bed. Daniel pulled Lando in between his legs, "Come here." Daniel pulled Lando in for a kiss, the energy they both felt was incredible. The sparks flushed about in their mouths and they moved in sync. They pulled apart, and Lando rested his head on Daniel's shoulder. "Thank you for helping me escape Him." Daniel held Lando tighter, "You're welcome. Thank you for coming, I'm glad you did, because I'd like to leave here with you." Lando squealed and hugged Daniel again. They stayed in that position, holding each-other close.
Lando thought to himself, "Love has no barriers, you can love no matter what physical or emotional problems occur."