Chapter 1

"Rose! Wake up! Please!" The shrill sound of my best friends voice cried out quietly.

I opened my eyes to the darkness of night. With my heightened eyesight I was able to make out Isabelle's figure hunched over my bed. She looked panicked and that had me shooting up. I looked around my room looking for trouble but I didn't see anything.

I frowned in confusion and looked back at Isie. (She doesn't really like to be called Belle.) I opened my mouth to speak but she hastily pushed her finger to her lips. So I shut my mouth, and my eyes narrowed. I have heard that my cat like yellow eyes could paralyze you with fear. But there was nothing to fear, unless My looks made you think I was an angel, but NEVER judge a book by its cover. You'll regret it.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Isie took a hold of my wrists and pulled me out of the warmth of my blankets. I got up so I wouldn't be dragged. She went to my closet and pulled out one of my small bags, and started putting clothes inside of it.

I looked over at the clock and could make out that it was right after one am. Oh heck no!

"Isie? I don't really want to go on a little vacation. I can't believe you woke me up at one am?! You know I like my sleep!"

By the end of my rant she was coming towards me with a black cloak. I stepped back and glared at her.

"Isie I swear to The Great Fae if you don't answer me I'll choke you!!"

She sighed and walked briskly towards me, she pulled me close and whispered.

"Rose. A tribe is invading ours. But not just any tribe!" Her voice broke at the end.

"Rose. It's the Dark One's tribe!" Her voice broke and tears started to stream down her face.

The Dark One's tribe was by far the most dangerous tribe in these parts of Melynioum. (The fae world. It's a different dimension of Earth. Way prettier and greener.)

My eyes widened in horror and my jaw fell down to hell. What about the children? And women. How could they kill innocents. But the most important question is why we're they invading OUR tribe. We were nothing special. Just a couple hundred fae. We were one of the tribes that taught women how to fight though.

I looked at Isie and pulled her to me and hugged her. I could feel the tears want to pore down my face. They burned my eyes, but I held them back. I had to be strong. So I straightened my back and put steel in my voice.

"Isie? Where are the children? Have our warriors been sent out? What is my father doing about it so far?" I opened my door and headed down the hall towards the steps to go out the door.

My father was chief so it was instinct for me to think of the safety and whereabouts of our people in the tribe.

It took her a moment to answer but what she said was disappointing.

"That's the problem! Chief Thorn isn't doing anything. He is drinking in his office. And I know it's not right but I think he's happy about dying. So he can finally see your mother." The last part she said quietly.

Pictures of my beautiful mother flashed through my head. Pictures of her laughing and helping me through some pretty hard things. Then the happy pictures changed to more dark and sinister images.

I closed my eyes tightly. But the images still came.

A tribe had invaded our lands before. And the ending was tragic.

I was out playing with the flowers, making then grow and making more flowers appear. I wasn't close to the woods. My mother wouldn't let me. She wasn't far, she was knitting in her rocking chair. The birds had been chirping and the bees and butterflies were frolicking in the tall green grass a little ways behind our

house. A beautiful butterfly landed on my nose. It was cornflower blue. Such a pretty thing. But all of the sudden the birds stopped their singing.

Everything was quiet. My head whipped to where a "crunch" sound had come from the the woods. I kept my eyes locked onto where I thought the sound was coming from.

I saw a pair of red eyes staring back at me. I was so scared, but at the same time curious.

Hey loves!!!???! So this is my not so first, first book IM gonna put on wattpad.. hopefully Yall will like/love it. I will try my hardest to stay with it and update soon.......hopefully :):)

Ps the dude all the way up there is the lead male...the reason I say that? Bc I haven't thought of a name for him....but that hotties name is Mario ermito