Chapter 32: The Great Escape

Start from the beginning

"That's it, Sese!" Fernando chanted, "You're a genius!"

"A genius... Am I?" Sergio was still confused.

"This is the way we can find them," Fernando continued, "Through the drainage!"

"Eww no... I swear I'm not getting underneath that cover!" Sergio flinched with a disgusted face.

"Yes we are," Iker commanded, "We are a team and if Xavi... our mates are having trouble, we must not stand aside."

"Aye, aye, captain," Sergio mumbled as he removed the drainage cover, "Hey, that doesn't smell bad."

"Perhaps it's only a secret passage way," Iker suggested thoughtfully, "Let's discover where it can lead us to."

---

The four Spaniards crawled inside the vent, following the lead by the Claudonese. Their path became clearer while the light from Christine's eyes grew stronger.

"Here comes the first intersection point," Christine announced, "Left or right?"

"How do we know?" Cesc grumbled, "It is you who knows Claudon best."

"I do not know vents well, my apology," Christine sighed, "Looks like we have to pick randomly."

"What if we pick the wrong route and are stuck in here forever?" Andres panicked, "This is like a labyrinth!"

"We can go back to the previous intersections to try again even if we choose the wrong way, right?"

"No Cescky, the shadow is only a few turns behind us," Xavi stated, "We only have one chance."

"Wait, if Xavi managed to unlock the password in the vent because of the weapon quest..." Gerard muttered, "...I have an idea. Follow me."

Left, left, right, left, left, left, right, right, left, left. This should be the right route. The gang followed Gerard as he turned left for the first intersection, and so on. Until the seventh intersection, Gerard stopped.

"What's wrong?" Andres asked from behind, "Why are we stopping?"

"Don't tell me you forgot," Cesc rolled his eyes, before receiving a grunt from Gerard.

"Oh how I wish my Iker were here. He got the best memory," Xavi grinned to himself, "He can even remember my goal against him 17 years ago! Força Barça!"

"Mushroom, enough for your lovey-dovey daydreams and give me some time," Gerard groaned.

"It's not me who isn't giving you time," Xavi stated, "The mysterious shadow is only a few miles away now!"

"You ain't going anywhere!" An evil laugh echoed behind among the walls of the vent.

"It should be 'right'," Gerard quickly turned right, avoiding the impatient gaze of others.

"Move faster, Geri!" Cesc yelled, "The shadow is right behind me!"

"This is the fastest speed that I can get..." Gerard panted, crawling as fast as a grumpy infant, before interrupted by Cesc.

"Ah! My right foot," Cesc screamed as the mysterious took grip on his ankle, pulling him away from the group, "Someone please help me..."

"Now you are in my hands... Give me the Wise!"

"We have to stop to help Cesc!"

"No, not this way, you are pulling me apart!" Cesc whimpered while Andres grabbed his wrist and pulled him back, "Hold on a second, I can take my shoe off."