Flour, chocolate and sprinkles

Start from the beginning

Looking at his sister, the boy released his hands and nodded. "Thank you, Nat." He beamed.  When he noticed a chip stuck on his pyjama, he peeled it off to eat it and they both giggled.

“I think someone is inside our house!” Mew furrowed his brows in confusion and sat straight while looking at Gulf.

When he heard the noises, Mew immediately sprang up and tiptoed towards the door. "Gulf, get the kids," Mew instructed and ripped the night light to use it as a weapon.
Following behind Mew, Gulf couldn't help but let his imagination run wild. "What are you going to do, Tirak? What if it's a crazy fan?" Following behind his husband, Gulf asked worriedly. "What are you going to do, Phi? What if it's a crazy fan?"

Though intrusion by a fan hasn't happened before, the possibility wasn't excluded. "I'll be fine. Tua, stay with the kids. Okay?" He assured.

Mew slowly opened the door and made sure that the coast was clear before motioning for Gulf to leave for the twin's bedroom.

Gulf's heart started beating rapidly when he saw the doors of their twin's room were opened. 

Dashing into the room, he called out for the twins and searched for them high and low until he heard Mew's voice.

The noises had died down when Mew arrived at the darkened living room — its only source of light were the invasive reflections from the lights on the street.

But it got unusually brighter. Mew then realised why when he darted towards the kitchen. 'Why are the lights turned on from the kitchen?' He questioned himself and treaded warily towards the place.

Horror awaited the adults. 

After giggling and feeding themselves the bits of unsuccessfully mixed cookie dough, the twins had finally calmed down from their high.

But when the twins looked at the state of the kitchen in horror — the floor was covered not only with flour, bits of butter and sugar but it was also filled with eggshells and several broken eggs; eggs and water dripped down the cabinet and water, they gasped at the sight.

Too engrossed by their mess, they hadn't realised the approaching big male. "Nat, Alex, what are you guys doing?" Mew questioned sternly as he looked at the twins and the messed up kitchen.

"Ahhh!" The twins screamed in shock when they saw their dad; they froze and watched him process the situation. When Gulf heard the screams, he immediately dashed towards them. "Nat, Alex!" He called with his heart in his throat.

Gulf was on the brink of crying when he thought something bad had happened to their kids. Just thinking about it was unbearable for both of them.

When he saw Mew standing by the kitchen, he called out. "Phi! The kids–" his words were then cut off when he saw their kids and the state of the kitchen. 

"Wha–"

Both kids looked at their fathers frightfully. As stumped as the men were, they were relieved to see their kids standing perfectly well — albeit not in the state that the men would have liked to see at 5:35 in the morning.

"Alex, Nat… what were you doing?" Gulf finally managed to ask. 

"We're sorry." Natasha apologized and Alexander joined in with their heads hung low. The guilt in their little voices was so thick that neither Gulf nor Mew could bring themselves to get angry at them.

"I woke up from a cookie dream and I couldn't go back to sleep so I woke Alex up and I asked him if he wanted to bake some cookies…" Nat lied to protect Alex. 

Alex wanted to speak up but his fear had stopped him.

But Gulf knew better. Especially knowing she got the trait from their Papa. Shooting a knowing glance at Mew, the latter smiled with a guilty look on his face as he rubbed the back of his neck. 

Gulf could only shake his head at him.

Scratching his head with his index, Gulf sighed softly. "Tirak, bring them into the shower, please. I'll clean the mess…" He huffed softly.

"Phor, Alex is sorry…" The children tugged on each parent's cotton pants. "Nat is sorry too…" The twins cried softly as they looked up at them. 

Carrying them both, they assured their children with a kiss and wiped their chubby cheeks with their thumbs.

But instead of following Gulf's idea, Mew had a better one in mind. After whispering into Natasha's ear, she giggled then leaned towards her twin and whispered. 

"What did you tell Nat, Phi?" Mew shrugged.

Keeping it only from their Phor, both twins got down and Mew joined them. 

"1… 2…. 3!" Mew counted and they each took swatches of the cookie dough and smeared the clueless male.

"Wahhh! Aow Phi!" Gulf whined. 

"I'm gonna get you all back!" Gulf growled playfully then grabbed the bag of flour and threw it at them. 

Both Mew and Gulf had become kids again. They all laughed and attacked each other until Mew surrendered.

"Can we bake cookies later... Phor?" Nat asked carefully. Smiling widely, Gulf carried the hesitant Nat. "I don't see why not. Let's shop for the ingredients and we can come back and bake together, okay?"

The twins cheered in excitement and kissed their fathers' cheeks.
"Thank you!"

It was impossible to not melt at how adorable their kids are.

They knew their intentions after they had come clean while showering. "But remember this is the only time, okay? You know you're not supposed to touch the oven or operate anything dangerous, right?" Mew reprimanded gently and made them promise never to do it again.

Mew and Gulf were thankful and felt consoled that their kids are not as handful as they were during their age. 

... not even close.