chapter 7

Zachs POV

I wake up to a cold bed and an empty space where cammie was last night. I jump out of the bed, grab a t-shirt and pull it over my head. I run down the stairs to the kitchen to find bex and her parents sitting at the table. "Wheres cammie?" I ask urgently.
"We thought she would be with you." Grace says. My heart sinks. I grab the closest chair and almost fall into it.
"We have to find her." Bex says urgently. I just nod, everything hurting too much for me to speak.

Once we gather all the gear we leave. Not looking back just thinking ahead and of what we might have to face.
I sare blankly at the opposit side of the van that currently advertises hot dogs, burgers and fries. I think of what I could've done to stop this from happening, why I hadn't woken up due to her movement, why cammie is the one who always gets hurt first, and finally, why people needed her.

"Is it the circle?" Bex asks almost spitting out the words.
"Most likely." Bex's father replies, his eyes not once leaving road infront of him.
"I swear im going to kill them someday, every last one." I say, pure hatered boiling up inside me.
"Im sure there's one or two members or ex-members you wouldn't kill." Bex says.
"What? Like joe? He hardly counts as a member, he never wanted anything to do with them." I say "Even if he thought he did at one point, He was only sixteen and now he is no longer a member."
"I wasnt talking about Joe, Zach. I meant your mother." I almost gag at the words.
"If I do get a chance to kill them all, she will be the first to go down, to drop dead like a fly."
She just nods, greif in her eyes.

We stop an get out of the car at a small empty beach. Abe gestures for us to follow him, so we do.
we don't speak as he leads us into a cave that quickly gets darker and narrower until we stop at at a dead end, just cold, damp and hard rock. But Abe steps fowards onto a small rock and a red line moves up and down his face.
A crack that went through the middle of the cold wall ahead of us widend letting light slice through the darkness forcing our eyes to adjust to the change. He steps forwards once more leaving only inches between him and the wall. The we hear a sniper shot ring out through the cave.
"Abe, hurry up." Grace says sternly.
"I cant force it open grace. I'll get shot." Abe argues.
"Well were all going to get shot if you dony speed it up." Just as she says this another loud bang echoes around us. More and more come bouncing off the wall. Thats when I hear a muffled cry. I turn around to see a dark figure holding bex, her mouth coverd by a gloved left hand and the barrell of a gun pressed to her right temple , fear glinting In her eyes.
I step forwards but im pushed back behind grace.
"Abe." She says cautiously
"Yes." He says, not realising the situation. He turns around and I can see the anger boil up in him. "Give me my daughter." The figure does nothing. Abe pulls out a gun and points it at them. "Take. Your. Hands. off. My. Daughter. "

Another figure, a woman, appears from behind the curved surface of the cave walls "You see thats the thing. You give me zach, then I will give you Rebecca."
"Cathrine." I say under my breath.
"Zach, stay back." Grace says. But only one thing is on my mind as I step away from mr and mrs baxter. cammie.
Cathrine takes my arm in a firm grip.the man holding bex begins to let her go, but the woman who raised me says "keep the girl, she can help us too." I watch bex's face change as she drops her head forwards and propells it back , causing the man behind her to stumble back, not completely loosing grip of her , but just enough for her to slip out of his arms. She runs over to her parents, just as the crack behind them opens revealing a sterile corridoor, with hundreds of white lights hanging from silver bars that lead down other corridors that branch off every five meters. It is a labyrinth of passages. That is all I get to see because cathrine is dragging me out of the cave. She climbs into the back of a van still keeping a strong hold on my arm. As soon as the door shuts im surrounded by darkness apart from the dim glow of a light fit onto the roof of the vehicle.
Cathrine turns and faces me. "We have-"
'Where is cammie?" I interrupt
"I can't tell you that." She says agitated from not being able to finnish.
"You can't Or you won't?"
"Look zachy I really dont want to do this but you cant know where we are going." She says not answering my question.
"YOU CAN'T OR YOU WON'T?" I blurt.
But she doesn't answer, instead she sticks a needle into my neck and the world goes black.

*

Hellooooooo

I hope yo u are enjoying this and im very sorry I havn't updated in a little while, but I am out of ideas. Please feel free to suggest some in the comments.
Thank you
I am additionally sorry for short chapters. They will vary and so will the ammount of time between them.

Also I understand that most of this story is in zachs POV but that is un-intentional I will try to do more in cammies POV as the actual series is in hers.
I hooe you are enjoying it and I will update soon.

Stay smiley

Xx

Teamprim

Xx