14: Rolling Thunder

Start from the beginning

"I see." He hummed, "That is all, Sasori, Deidara. This information is indeed valued." The leader motioned towards two more of his members. "Speaking of Konohagakure, Itachi, Kisame - I pray that you finally have something to report on the nine-tailed Jinchuuriki. From my knowledge, it's been several years since any new developments, correct?"

"Wrong." A low voice called out.

"Itachi, I was hoping you would say something this time." The leader narrowed his eyes, "Speak."

"For the last few years, you have pulled out resources towards other villages - especially Kumogakure as there are two Jinchuuriki's that reside there. Due to this absence of our presence, Naruto - the nine-tailed Jinchuuriki - has grown to be an exceptional foe within a short amount of time." The long-haired man spoke curtly.

"How so?"

Itachi lifted his head, "He is slowly becoming one of Konohagakure's better medics and has great potential to grow as a combat medic."

"While medics are greatly gifted and valued in the shinobi world, I'm not sure how this makes him a threat to our mission, Itachi." The leader explained loosely.

"Some time within the past three years, the knowledge of Naruto's birthright - being the son of Minato Namikaze, the late Fourth Hokage, and Kushina Uzumaki, the previous nine-tailed Jinchuuriki, was released to the public; the information subsequently given to Naruto." The Uchiha stated in a grave voice, "If you recall from several meetings ago, none of us were worried about any long-term developments in Naruto Uzumaki's abilities as he was both an outcast as well as a deadlast in his academy. That has changed when the ban relaying information regarding Naruto's birthright as well as him being a jailer was lifted."

"Did you find out why it was lifted so suddenly?" Purple-ringed eyes stared on with interest.

Interrupting before Itachi could speak, Kisame stepped into the limelight, "My guess is that either someone purposefully told the gaki before the Hokage could or the Third decided it was finally time to know."

"You guess?"

The raven-haired man raised a hand, "We never did find out about the night he was given the information. We only heard about the ban's lift in passing conversation. The citizens were grateful that their lives were no longer at risk for speaking of the boy's status."

Deidara scoffed from across the cavern, "I still don't understand why there was a ban, to be honest."

The leader shifted his cold eyes over to the blond, "Do well to remember that you are not to speak unless spoken to." Wide blue eyes stared back, nodding quietly. "Good." He turned his attention back onto the pair, "Now, Itachi, how does this information relate to Naruto being a threat?"

"He defeated a chunin in twenty seconds. Although he was in control of the Kyuubi's chakra during the moment, he still managed to use both the tailed beast's chakra as well as his own to not only heal but bring back the life of one of his teachers. We are all aware of how volatile tailed beast chakra is - to use it as healing chakra is not something we've heard of before, correct?" He explained dutifully.

"You are correct in your observation. I've never heard of such a thing." The orange-haired man stood up straighter, "If the nine-tailed Jinchuuriki learned how to control the Kyuubi's chakra, there is no telling how long he'd be able to keep himself fighting for. We could be looking at several days worth of fighting if we tried going after him too late."

"Yes, as I mentioned, he is becoming one of their better medics. If we don't do something about him soon, I fear that he could potentially grow to possibly be on par with Tsunade Senju if we aren't careful about our moves within the near future." Itachi motioned helplessly, "It's not just his ability to merge healing chakra and tailed beast chakra, but we may also have another pressing issue."