ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ.

────── 〔✿〕──────

the girl soon completed her ten minute walk to the convenience store, singing drunk-dazed in her head as she played with her ring to keep herself off her phone.

she walked into the small store, greeting the teenage worker before heading to the ramen section. she grabbed a bag of what occupied 70% of the boys' cupboards' surface area, the packaging being an all-too familiar sight for the girl now.

making sure she had enough of her own money, she floated towards the snacks section, grabbing a small amount of her own picks. she'd received a text from the Japanese boy, cutely asking her for his usual purchase from the same store.

even though she knew heeseung had said to buy something for herself with his wad of won, she'd decided to get the other boys their own preferences, the amount of time she spent around the seven burning the different bags and cartons into her brain.

she approached the cashier, calmly waiting for the slightly older girl to finish with the person standing in front of her.

as she waited with her basket, a girl that'd been walking around the store since she got there stood in line behind her. byeol stood unaffected, finger still reaching to twirl her ring around.

she was eventually paying for the loads of snacks and bag of ramen, byeol suddenly aware of the lack of personal space she had behind her. she slyly turned her head to the side– just enough so she could glance at the person behind her.

sure enough, it was the same girl from before.

the latter had a mask on, though it sat under her nose, giving the nearly fully-covered byeol an almost clear idea of what she looked like. the younger could tell she was pretty, though the energy radiating off her figure morphed her outward image into the complete opposite.

byeol turned back around, briefly making eye contact with the working girl, the older holding the same expression as she was— disgusted.

the older attempted to quickly finish with byeol, the younger giving a grateful smile even if she couldn't fully see it. byeol bowed towards her once she gave her the change and her bags, speed walking out of the corner store, hoping she'd make it back to the dorms safely.

in the store, the cashier watched as byeol walked out, and a pair of eyes intently followed her. she'd gotten an off-feeling of the girl now standing in front of her when she'd barely walked past her when entering the store, the feeling only growing after seeing what she'd done to byeol.

her pace had done a 180, hands moving sloth-like. the half-masked girl glared her eyes at the older, aching to leave the store so she could catch up with the unfamiliar, though familiar girl.

that damn hoodie

the cashier had gone as slow as she could with checking out the four small items the girl was looking to buy, not able to give her usual customer farewell as she'd left like the speed of light.

she'd remembered the girl's name from her bank card, Hak Jinghua. her accent gave off the impression of being foreign, or at least half foreign. Chinese, maybe?

the barely-covered girl quickly made her way down the sidewalk, rushing to find byeol's hooded figure.

she'd walked these streets plenty of times, unlucky of finding the home she'd searched for months every time.

her covered feet crash on the pavement with every heavy step she takes, coming to a hurried halt when she sees a walking, petite being.

bingo.

jinghua walks along the sides of the buildings, her now slowed steps increased in size in order to catch up with the girl she's been dying to catch for weeks.

the half japanese girl is suddenly aware of the newly-added presence behind her, hands instinctively bringing the plastic bags closer to her figure as she naturally picked up her pace.

as many times as she'd walked to and from the corner store and back to the dorms with the boys, she knew hardly anyone lived where she was at that very moment. she thought the person behind her could be a person who lives in the apartment complex two minutes from the dorms, but when the person didn't walk to the entrance of the large building—

the nervous hunch swirling through her veins told her otherwise.

even though she was so close to safety with the boys, she knew she couldn't lead a potentially dangerous person to their home. please let nothing bad happen to me

she turned the corner into a small alleyway, which was, unsurprisingly, nearly pitch black because of the sun's void. byeol held her breath, pace still quicker than normal in order to hopefully scare the person behind her away.

jinghua noticed the turn, internally sighing in frustration.

she debated with herself on how she could get the girl to speak, quickly coming to a conclusion as the conceal provided by the brick walls around them would soon end.

byeol's eyes widened as she heard the unfamiliar feminine voice spoke behind her, "you look too young to be a manager,"

ignore her and you'll be fine

jinghua frowned at the lack of response, "hey, i'm talking to you,"

byeol kept her silence, attempting to keep her breathing steady even if the steps behind her suddenly seemed closer than before.

fuming, jinghua hurriedly reached for the girl's oversized hood, throwing her into the brick wall.

byeol's face remained unfazed, even though she was shitting herself on the inside.

jinghua stared at the girl's still masked face, nothing telling her to pull down the protective material. all she needed to do was look at her eyes to see it was the same girl she'd caught at the carnival with the idol she was in love with.

or, who she thought was the idol she was in love with.

"what the fuck? so it is you," jinghua began, nearly spitting in byeol's face. "tell me, was that carnival date of yours ni-ki or not?"

like before, only silence came from the younger girl.

insults and curses began flowing from the half-chinese girl's lips with no restraint, byeol wondering if she'd practiced with a script in case she'd ever be given the chance to come across her again.

minutes of mispronounced swear words seemed to crawl by, byeol's mouth remaining closed the entire time.

jinghua didn't appreciate the ignoring of her words, her anger beginning to get the better of her and overtaking her senses. byeol's eyes glance towards the girl's trembling hand,

shit.

────── 〔✿〕──────
+ HAOGALORE.
a/n! hak jinghua added
onto haogalore universe
antagonist list ...

or was she already there?

:o