𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Start from the beginning

You acknowledged her with a barely noticeable nod. She took her arm and lightly rubbed your back soothingly.

"You'll be fine. And whatever happens, if it does, then I'm sure you'll be happy. Just... tell him how you feel."

You beamed her way, "Thank you, Lady Kocho—"

"You can call me Shinobu."

"O-Okay, Shinobu, the thing is, how will I know if he feels the same way about me?"

"Well," she paused for a moment before speaking again, as if in deep thought about your question, "that is for the future to decide."

She lightly patted your back and stood up.

"Now then," she clapped her hands together, "What are you going to wear?"

Oh crap I never thought of that...

You stared at her blankly, "uhhh... I haven't thought about what to wear yet."

"I can help you out with that, if you'd like. Kanao can help too. Maybe Nezuko and Yui too. How does that sound?"

You nodded your head vigorously, the nervousness began to flow away as if it was never there to begin with.

"Perfect!"

"But nothing too drastic," You said, holding up a pointer finger. "I'm just going out to lunch. Nothing too fancy."

"But of course. I'll get the others."

You nodded to her as she then left the room. Leaving you and Kanao alone in the hospital wing. You slightly tilted your head to the side as you watched her look out the window of the hospital wing. A couple of clouds rolled by like they hadn't had a care in the world. Two big ones and a little baby one.

"So... uhh, how are you today, Lady Kanao?" You asked, breaking the silence. The girl turned around and faced you with that same facial expression. She then grabbed something out of her pocket and flicked it upwards into the air. You watched as she flipped up— a coin? It landed onto the palm of her hand and flipped it onto the back of her hand. Revealing the side of heads.

"I'm doing well." She immediately responded with a closed eyes grin.

You pointed to the coin, "What's that for?"

She flipped it again, "I use this to decide on what I should do. If there are no orders for me to follow, then I use this to decide on my own."

"Wait, you use a coin to help you make decisions?" You asked with a raised eyebrow. She nodded her head lightly.

"Why not make your own decisions? Without using that coin."

Kanao seemed to pause out of uncertainty on how to answer. All her life she had used the coin to help her decide. Because she didn't know how to without orders.

You stood up from your bed and walked over next to where she was standing by the window. You leaned against the wall and looked out, watching the clouds roll along the late morning horizon.

Turning to her, you looked into her dark, magenta colored eyes, "You shouldn't have to use a coin to make decisions for you. You are your own person. You should be able to do what you want."