━━SANJŪ

Start from the beginning

He shifted his focus back to his cards, gazing at her only for a short while—quite the same as his reply.

Kageyama's a man known for his few words of course. Nao thought. She began to approach them, walking to the Karasuno members. "What are we playing then?"

The Fuji asked, sitting close to the setter. Kageyama froze when he felt their arms brushed as she plopped her elbow on the surface of the low table. He was always like that whenever she was near him. As if she was Midas and her touch turned him rigid. The furniture contained just enough space for the five of them. There was now little to no room in between.

"We're playing UNO. Although with a little twist. The loser will receive a punishment after the first round."

Ennoshita explained as he dealt Nao her own seven cards, later placing the remaining ones face-down. He then took the first card from the draw pile to begin the game. It was a blue number four.

Tanaka then placed a card with the same color, then Nishinoya, followed by Nao who put a blue number 2. Kageyama set a similar number with a different color—a yellow one.

The game went on. The players continued in placing their respective cards in an alternate manner. The next card was a green seven. Nao checked her stack and she did not have that color and number. She then reached for the pile, drawing another. She flicked to take peek, smiling upon knowing what it was.

"Sorry Kageyama-san."

Nao gave a big smile as she laid down a Draw Four.

"Ohhh—she got you there, Kageyama!"

Tanaka emitted a laugh, giving him a pat on the back. The setter grumpily grimaced at the force, drawing the cards on the deck and, at the same time, forfeiting his turn.

It was the two of them left

It was the two of them left. Kageyama and her. She was supposed to be good at this. She would often beat Ushijima and her little brother in every game.

I guess today is Nishinoya's lucky day after all. The same as Tanaka and Ennoshita. Or—the three of them are plainly better than me in this. Nao sulked at the mere thought.

The battle between the two appeared to be a tie. There was no precise guess on who would be the clear loser.

"This is taking too long." Nishinoya muttered impatiently. Both already had a lot held between their hands. They keep on pulling the cards from the pile, thereby hoarding all of them for their own.

"Hey, hey—I just got a solution!"

A metaphorical light bulb lit above the wing spiker's head, grinning wide as he snapped his fingers.

"What is it?" Ennoshita was curious. Tanaka then gestured his other two teammates closer, beckoning to whisper something. They went near to know what it was.