Chapter 2 (I choose... You)

Izumi is quite excited since today will be the day she get a familiar and two personal maids. Only nobles will have familiar is another one of the many stupid rules only the Minad Empire has. They say that the familiar represents the personality of the owner so most nobles choose flashy animals but the way the forced to be familiars kill them are also quite fleshy ('Flashy rhymes with it,' thought Izumi) and bloody.

Izumi finally see her personal maids for the first time. They are known as Lily and Luna. The two of them are siblings that looks like they can kill anyone if given the command which means they are assassins. She recognized the silent footsteps since she do know a few assassins. It can only mean one thing, they will protect her as Duke and Duchess of Laurent ordered. (Yes, her life back in her world is definitely not one would expect a 'normal' or sane people would have)

Izumi have to dress up in a puffy dress then go to search for her familiar in a shop. As much as she wished to just pick a random stray and call it a day, she will have to choose a matching companion so it will get along with her and no flashy killing campaign will be held. Actually, can she just make the 'cat' her familiar? She will gain the upper hand of the church since their prophet in training is under her control. Who knows? She might be requested to make some stupid summoning circle in a muddy shop only for 0 familiar to appear.

The Duke and Duchess brought Izumi and her brother (they get along bashing the church) to the familiar shop. Instead of what Izumi imagined, the place is actually quite clean with creatures of different types roaming. An employee in white cloak welcomed them. The employee said "You will not choose the familiar nor force them into submission. They will choose who they want their owners to be and you have no right of controlling their action. Always remember this."

After the creepy introduction, Izumi was led to a bowl in the middle of the whole building and the employee told her to drop a drop of her blood. Then, the employee handed her a skewer to hurt herself for a drop of blood. Izumi drop a drop of her blood on the bowl. Suddenly, all the creatures back off except for a baby kangaroo. The employee and her new family let out a sound of disbelief but she doesn't understand so she asked "What's so special about this creature?"

"You got a shape shifter. A shape shifter is a loyal creature that will turn themselves into any kind of animal the owner is thinking. That is also why people kept on trying to hunt them down and make them go near extinct. Congratulations on that," the employee replied and drop a drop of the creature's blood into the bowl. The bowl stopped glowing after a while, signifying the process is complete.

"Any creature, huh," mused Izumi when she suddenly thought of the 'cat'. Oh well, she supposed the two can switch their roles until her social debut. Thousands of ideas that will definitely cause chaos flow through Izumi's mind. Meanwhile, her family are listening on the instructions on how to take care of a shape shifter. Izumi thinks that buying this buying that is too complicated so why not turn her familiar into a human and teach it how to bath itself and talk. Ha, it will definitely make things a lot easier.

The familiar finding and bonding process costed the grand total of 100 golds. What the f*ck was exactly what Izumi thought about the pricing. Luckily, she did not summon a sheep or a rabbit as they are not really worth the money. A certain two faced saintness and a rumor spreading prince sneezed suddenly.

Back at the manor, a certain cat suddenly feel very restless and felt the gods are staring at him in pity. He got a very bad feeling about the familiar Izumi signed a contract with. Well it cannot be worse than dragon or wyvern, right? Unfortunately for the poor cat or should I say, prophet in training, it is definitely worse than the two. In the future, he will definitely look back and regret all his life decisions of choosing to mingle with Izumi.